CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Spotted another 2002 "Collector Series" ETC?....

O2AFAC67

in the parking lot of the Discount Tire store in Friendswood, Texas recently. Well, from a distance that's what I thought it was. Turned out to be a 2000 ETC in pearl diamond paint, nothing like the Alpine white on the Collector Series. Obviously the 7 spoke wheels are quite different as well, the version on the Collector Series being unique to the model. Anyway, grabbed a few quick cell phone shots for an interesting comparison between the two. Next time I see that ETC around town I'll try to snag some interior shots also to better illustrate the major differences between the cars. :)

Best,

Ron

ECS2.jpg

ETCECS2.jpg

ETCCS1.jpg

ETC1.jpg

I wouldn't kick either out of the garage but there really is no comparsion between the Alpine White and Pearl Diamond paint. You mentioned the seven point wheels; are those available to purchase anywhere?

Yes, there is a huge difference in color but with these older eyes and thick glasses, I was lucky to recognize an Eldorado, let alone the true color. ;) I have always liked the Cadillac diamond paints but somehow the Alpine white appeals to me more on the Collector version. Clean without bling if you know what I mean... As for the wheels, I saw one of them on Ebay about a year ago and I regret not having snagged it for a spare. Certainly GM built more than 4X1596 of them but finding a full set at a dealership today is problematical at best I suspect and other than a salvage yard I couldn't hazard a guess...

Best,

Ron.

Archived