CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Supercharger Letter is Warranty Extension

I have my Cadillac letter in hand about the CTS-V supercharger. It is NOT a recall. What GM has done is extend the warranty to 10 years or 120,000 miles from original purchase.

If you have already had a repair done for a supercharger rattle, they have a reimbursement form with the letter. You submit the filled-out form and specified documentation to a Cadillac dealer to process your reimbursement. The documentation that you need to have with the form is:

• Name and address of whoever paid for the repair.
  • The VIN of the car.
  • Description of the problem, the repair, the date of the repair, and who performed the repair. The invoice should do it.
  • The total cost of the repair, or at least the amount that you are requesting reimbursement. If you had an oil change at the same time, that isn't part of this total.
  • Proof of payment for the repair (copy of check, credit card receipt, cash receipt, etc.).

As with any warranty claim, if you have done something that voids the warranty before the rattle happened such as change the pulley or take a few laps around Road America, you might want to skip applying for a refund. Drag strip videos and trap tickets on your Facebook page can cause difficulties too, I would imagine.

In a nutshell, if your car is within GM warranty terms, the supercharger is warrantied against the rattle problem for ten years or 120,000 miles.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived