CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sold the Eldo...

Well, the time came to say goodbye to another great Caddy! I sent the '98 Elodrado off to a good home where she'll be treated well I'm sure. The new owner is an engineer also, and he bought it for his daughter.

Although "Black Betty" did throw a hissy fit when he took her... he didn't even make it home! I felt so bad, but I did send him some cash to help him pay for repairs. I had replaced the alternator a week or so prior, and apparently that siezed and took ot the sepentine belt. Then when that snapped or whipped the radiator it popped a hole there, so that had to be replaced! Left him stranded on the road... Not good for your first road trip!

Anyway, will miss that car dearly and the roar of the N* V8 with the dynomax mufflers! That sound was always music to my ears! I bought a slick little 02 Audi A4 with 6spd manual and am real pleased with that car. Very clean and drives so nice also!

Will keep in touch and comment on the forum as I have time! Adios for now!

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Enjoy the Audi. They ride very nice also. You will find that they are more overengineered than cadillacs lol.

I love my Cadillacs, they are a very addicting automobile. There are cars, then there are Caddys.

Best of luck. Dont be a stranger

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Thanks guys, I certainly have enjoyed my Caddys also! Thinking about it, this is only the 3rd out of all 35+ cars I have owned that are non-GM! Getting a lot of flack from my buddies because of that! :)

There is an "over-engineered" 'feel to some things! Had to call the previous owner a few times to figure some things out! Need to study the manuals more I think!

Sounds like the new owner of the Eldo has her running great now, so I'm feeling a little better about that! It funny, there are so many times where I've let others use my car (including my wife) and things would go south... What's up with that! Like the car had an attitude after being passed on to someone besides me! :)

I'll post some pics if the A4 (AKA Sylvia) once I get her cleaned up here. Waiting for rainy weather to cooperate! Main concern now is my wife may be enjoying driving it a little TOO much!

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey gang! Just wanted to stop back in and say hi. I still frequent the boards, just haven't seen much that I can contribute with lately…

I did wash up the A4 yesterday and remembered I promised to post pics… Still very happy with this ride but do have a DTC related to Cat Con or O2 sensor I need to conquer...

file://localhost/Users/djcr/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Previews/2014/07/20/20140720-145432/ZOkZe4FsTfek4jdd3iP0SQ/IMG_4007.jpg
side_smaller_7-14_thumb.jpg
rear_8-31-14_thumb.jpg
interior_smaller_7-14_thumb.jpg

I like that Audi.

• Nice body style, and pretty snappy.
  • Only downside I noticed is the little lag on first acceleration, but thats nothing.
  • Best of luck to you

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Ill never and i know that is a long time sell my Eldorado!! I have never rode in a smoother riding car.

Archived