CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just purchased 1996 Cadillac Concours with 91K MI

princess

THANK YOU Sincerly and for the advice too sir !

It was gargae kept.. hardly ever driven and my uncle was nice enough to introduce me to the couple that owned it before me ...i will try my best to keep it stock except for the exhaust and wheels.... this is the second on ive owned in my life and i noticed it has calmed my need for speed down because its just so comfortable to drive tht i just cruise in it.

It was gargae kept.. hardly ever driven and my uncle was nice enough to introduce me to the couple that owned it before me ...i will try my best to keep it stock except for the exhaust and wheels.... this is the second on ive owned in my life and i noticed it has calmed my need for speed down because its just so comfortable to drive that i just cruise in it.

That's one thing I really like about mine... it's so comfortable to drive.

Posted Image

The wheels that come with the car are exceptional for factory wheels. They are 16 inch diameter with seven inch rims. They come in two types, painted aluminum and hard chrome plated; I couldn't get a good enough look at yours but if it has the chrome wheels I would keep them. That is a very expensive option.

We have a guy on Caddyinfo who's been here for years. He sells new and used Cadillac wheels on an eBay store. If you have the painted wheels and want the aluminum wheels, he can probably get them for you at a very good price. A Caddyinfo message with a link to his eBay store is here:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9691#entry141432

If you do change the wheels, make sure that the rolling diameter of the new tires is within about 2% of the original tires or the speedometer will be off and you may not like the way the car drives relative to the way it drives with the original wheels. You can look at two numbers to compare tires: the rolling diameter and the revolutions per mile. If you get either of those numbers for different tires and they are within 2% then they should work on your car.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

They are the chrome ones i still have the dealer window sticker the option was $1,195.00 Although i am missing two center caps on passenger side :(

So in regards to the, "Rolling Diameter" topic you brought up "You can look at two numbers to compare tires: the rolling diameter and the revolutions per mile." now is this specific to the tire? or the rim? or both? how do i get this number or find it?
I have never had anyone tell me this and I have done numerous wheel upgrades on several vehicles (my Taurus has 17' in fronts 18" in rear) but engineericaally speaking im following you here.

my rough idea is to swap out the 16" rims with larger 18" ones (Because I want pink and white accents in my rims yea yea i know im girly sue me) any how, in regards to what you are saying, so i dont throw the digial speedo off what I am looking for is specific to either the rim or the tire size to accommodate this fittment?

Im not asking for you to do the math or work for me just explain (educate me) on how this works and to do the calculations myself since this is the first time anyone has ever bought that too my attention and im a stickler for not messing up the factory ride quality (unless its just pure incorrect like on my Hoda Accord LOL)...

Also I watched one of your Caddy chat videos and the middle section part about traveling at speeds over 100MPH and calculating tire life in minutes and hours vs months made sense an stuck in my head.

Thanks for that. :)

They are the chrome ones i still have the dealer window sticker the option was $1,195.00 Although i am missing two center caps on passenger side :(

So in regards to the, "Rolling Diameter" topic you brought up "You can look at two numbers to compare tires: the rolling diameter and the revolutions per mile." now is this specific to the tire? or the rim? or both? how do i get this number or find it?

I have never had anyone tell me this and I have done numerous wheel upgrades on several vehicles (my Taurus has 17' in fronts 18" in rear) but engineericaally speaking im following you here.

my rough idea is to swap out the 16" rims with larger 18" ones (Because I want pink and white accents in my rims yea yea i know im girly sue me) any how, in regards to what you are saying, so i dont throw the digial speedo off what I am looking for is specific to either the rim or the tire size to accommodate this fittment?

Im not asking for you to do the math or work for me just explain (educate me) on how this works and to do the calculations myself since this is the first time anyone has ever bought that too my attention and im a stickler for not messing up the factory ride quality (unless its just pure incorrect like on my Hoda Accord LOL)...

Also I watched one of your Caddy chat videos and the middle section part about traveling at speeds over 100MPH and calculating tire life in minutes and hours vs months made sense an stuck in my head.

Thanks for that. :)

If you go from 16 inch rims to 18 rims, your ride quality will most likely suffer greatly.

You will no longer have the smooth, comfortable Cadillac ride.

You will have to have a much skinnier / shorter sidewall on the tires to maintain the same overall diameter and when you do that, the skinnier sidewall can no longer soak up the bumps and imperfections in the road, and they are then transmitted to the car in the form of a much rougher ride.

Also, If you DO NOT maintain the same overall diameter, your speedometer will will not be accurate and can also affect the traction control.

You can go to this site and play with various sizes of wheels and tires to see what we are talking about.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Size-Calculator

Posted Image

AHH... I see whats your saying now so in this example I selected 3 alternate tire sizes based on an 18" rim and Judging by what i am looking at my middle choice woudl be within the acceptable range of viarance you guys are explain to me correct (if I wished t go that route)

tires_zpsfa4ac40c.png

THANKS!!!!!!! :yupi3ti:

So Option 1 and two are bad according to Diameter variance and would through the traction control and speedo off and asically pooch the car then...

THANKS!!!!!!! :yupi3ti:

So Option 1 and two are bad according to Diameter variance and would through the traction control and speedo off and basically pooch the car then...

Yep... :)

Posted Image

Actually for the best driving experience the stock wheels and tire size are not going to be improved upon. Going to larger diameter wheels and lower profile tires like later model cars doesn't come close to completing the conversion. The suspension design changes to give the car the Cadillac ride with the different wheels and tires, and that is more expensive than just trading the car.

You can get new wheel hubs from Cardio Doc on Wheels:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/Direct

There are upgrades that have the Cadillac wreath in gold and painted shield that you can get from him too.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

wow that looks almost just like my Deville. same year,

Mine is same color.

Full landau with accent lights.

Has hood ornament.

Very nice shape concours,

th_1015102352b.jpg

th_100_1881.jpg

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I did not even know what a Concours was I had to research it, but apparently they come with memory seating, Vanity mirrors in the rear, my badge is incorporated into the grill, and an engine with 25 more Horsepower ... Im just exstatic i found one with white interior. What Percentage is your rear tint? and where do you live? In case I need parts for mines! LOL :fighting0025:

lol it is dark enough to get pulled over once. Wonder why the concours did not get a hood ornament. Mine got ornament and a gold badge in the grille. I assume yours is a gold package?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

YES, according to the dealership vehicle PO order i found in the trunk but there all faded so i need to replace them..so not really right now :)

Archived