CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Good Evening Fellow Caddy Enthusiasts!

Yesterday the driver side rear window fell in on my 2004 Deville! Grandson was apparently quite startled! Today I taped it to stay up, until I can possibly fix it on Sunday. For some reason, my login for ebscohost,com will no longer work! Anyone have a current login? I am interested in any diagrams or help to get me into the rear door. Does anyone have experience on what may have come loose. I experienced this on my '99 STS. It turned out to be the cable which drives the window. Does the rear Deville door have a similar set up?

Thanks in advance for you interest!

Ohio Jim

Hi Jim. Sounds like the classic pop and drop regulator failure. Check rockauto to see exactly what it looks like but I am pretty sure that is what the 04 uses.

I dont like them at all

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

rockfangd,

I went exploring on a link form this sight and found a ton of complaints about the regulators. Do you know if thin is this an replace-only thing, or is there any kind of aftermarket fix...?

Thanks

Ohio Jim

Careful you might fix it better than oem. And may not have to fix it again lol. I have replaced and repaired them, It depends on how it fails.

GM FAN FOREVER

I hate those POS cable type window regulators. With the old style sissors type regulators, failures were extremely rare.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

rockfangd,

I think you are right. The fix is a piece of braded picture hanger wire, covered in epoxy putty. Will last at least twice as long as that brittle, white plastic clip, No?

KHE,

Ya, But, the old style probably weighed twice as much and NEVER broke. Sounds like quite a revenue stream for the dealers. People are reports $500 to $800 to get it fixed! I watched a guy on line who took 9 mins to get it out and a new one in! Lets' see, that's about $1million and hour, right? LOL

Ohio Jim

I know the regulators are pricy from the dealers. Most exagerate that it is a whole unit and that is why it is so expensive. easily a 500.00 job.

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived