CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heard good things about noise (low) from the Continental Extreme Contact DWS (all season, performance tire); I'm sure there are others.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

I would recommend tire rack for info. They have survey results for different tires on different cars. You can chose what is important to you (wet traction, dry, noise etc..) Likely find reviews from similar cars also.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with Michelin. I think Michelin are the best tires. I tried Continental Extreme Contact tires and I'm not impressed to the point that I would recommend them. Not that they are bad tires, just not impressive to the point that they are anything special. Recently I bought 19-inch rims off of ebay, which also came with Michelin tires with 60-70% tread life. Now that I've put thousands of miles on them I'm convinced that it's better to buy Michelin even though they are going to be more expensive. Michelin traction is good, tires are quiet, and the sidewall strength is excellent. I've hit some potholes with the Michelin tires without damaging them. However, I can't say the same for the Continental tires, as the right front sidewall broke and bubbled out after hitting a pothole. Don't forget, you get what you pay for!

There are a lot of varieties of Michelins, so do your homework to get the best tire for your car and your tastes.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived