CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'04 Deville Trunk and Gas Door Not Working

Good evening All,

Well it's been at least a week since I actually worked on one of the Caddy's, so I was getting complacent. LOL Today my wife informed me she was unable to open fuel door, so the car would need gas. I found the Fuel Door and the Trunk were inoperable from the dashboard buttons. The trunk would not open using the remote as well. I traced the power to two mini relays under the back seat. I stopped there, because I am sure both mini-relays did not fail simultaneously. So.... what might be the cause where I could start to diagnose this issue? I thought it might have to do with the dashboard switches which are mounted on a single unit on the dash. They may have a single connector. I did not have time to try for a code yet. Does anyone remember having a similar experience?

Please advise any thoughts!

Thanks,

Ohio Jim

lol. The cheapest solution to a problem that may have you pulling your hair out.

Reminds me of a brain fart I had awhile ago.
I ran errands with my Deville and somehow couldnt figure out why the domelights werent coming on. No matter what. Come to find out it was broad daylight, the domelamps are controlled by the sunload sensor, therefore during the day are not used.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

If the valet switch was set, the car will take off in second gear, too.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

On my ETC the valet switch also had the car start in second gear. I figured the reason was to lessen the performance at start for valets. Once I had a valet service refuse to return the car until I gave them the key. They ran out a quarter tank of gas first.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Thank you all for saving me so much time and trouble with this switch... now if I can find a 'switch' to use on my ten year old granddaughter who was just wondering what the vaLET actually was... LOL

Ohio Jim

Thank you all for saving me so much time and trouble with this switch... now if I can find a 'switch' to use on my ten year old granddaughter who was just wondering what the vaLET actually was... LOL

Ohio Jim

Well.... now you can explain it all to her...:)

Posted Image

glad to hear of the free solution. She figured you needed to spend some time trying to figure it out so she hit the button

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Read the owner's manual to find out everything that the Valet mode disables. Winterset says that it also disables the garage door opener.

On my 2011 V, there isn't a specific valet mode. You can pull a key out of the proximity fob and lock it in a special little compartment in the center console with the key, which also can lock the glove compartment and the door from the back seat into the trunk. I suppose when you do that the trunk won't open. I don't know how the modules "know" to disable the trunk unlatch but I would venture that it is a switch in one of the key-operated locks, probably the one to the door from the back seat.

Archived