CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1969 Cadillac Eldorado - $16800 (Rowlett)

1969 Cadillac Eldorado - $16800 (Rowlett)

01313_5ar5u83L1NW_600x450.jpg
01717_hWJCdR0WMIt_600x450.jpg

condition: excellent

1969 Cadillac Eldorado odometer: 101000 automatic transmission title : clean

Up for sale is my classic 1969 Cadillac Eldorado finished in sapphire blue metallic, white vinyl top and blue leather interior. This car is in great condition, inside and out. The car is sitting on 101,000 miles, the last 2,600 or so since 1996.

Mechanically this car is excellent. Considering its 4,700 pound curb weight its handling is tight, its acceleration strong and its shifting smooth. It steers straight down the road without wandering and corners pretty flat considering its land yacht proportions. You'll feel like a movie star, one finger maneuvering the three spoke steering wheel up to the valet stand. If you're in the mood you can mash down hard on the gas pedal like Mad Men and that big 472 cubic inch 375 horse power motor will smoke the front tires through at least the first two of the three speeds of its turbo hydromatic transmission. That should be no surprise with an astounding 525 foot pounds of torque available at 3,000 rpm. The four wheel power disk brakes will haul this behemoth down without locking up or pulling one way or the other.

Read the full description: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4479477599.html

What a great write-up, and complete photo set. This is a good example of how to post your vehicle for sale.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

And, it will do it all happily on regular gas, and with a light foot the gas mileage can be startlingly good, particularly on the highway.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

And, it will do it all happily on regular gas, and with a light foot the gas mileage can be startlingly good, particularly on the highway.

That one took leaded premium fuel from the factory. Unless someone has lowered the compression via a second set of head gaskets and installed hardened valve seats, it would need 92 octane premium with a lead substitute additive.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Some 1960's engines were OK with unleaded gas and some weren't. My 1969 Chevrolet 427 was fine with unleaded gas. It really depends on how much the valves needed the lead deposits on the back side to keep their temperature down.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

From Ted, one of the CadillacLaSalleClub.org guys:

You do not need them for the Cadillac. Cadillac did nothing different from 1968 to 1976 to prepare for unleaded fuel. The Cadillac head is very hard and I have not seen any sunken seats or heard of any due to low lead gas. As a side note do not let the machine shop put in harden seats becasue this is a waste of money also. I also have not seen any valve damage on the guides so this is not a concern either.

Also in 1971 Cadillac went to low compression so this engine should run on regular gas just fine.

These engines were built right and there is no need for additives.

Read more: http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=108820.0

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

With a high-lift cam from Crane or Competition Cams and an aluminum high rise intake manifold from Holley or Edelbrock, and a Holley 4160 four-barrel, you could use the 92 octane to keep the spark advance up for best throttle response. This would be a fine configuration for excellent overall performance and good highway fuel economy.

Archived