CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Jaguar SS 90 and Jaguar SS 100 Images

Watch your local laws; in Texas although bumpers themselves are not required, they are assumed. A citation can be written if a front bumper is below or above certain heights.

I am thinking the mirrors on the front wings are useless and could be removed if the holes underneath were bolted. I get that they are the only 'side' mirrors, but I don't find them useful in driving. Perhaps if the top were up they would be the only way to see out the sides? But I have never driven the Duke with the top up. The wind wings I find useful to divert the flow of air away from the cockpit, so although not matching those are keepers. I would love to replace the windscreen with one that would fold-down, and had the motor cycle windscreens behind!

I see none of these had bonnet straps, which were originally used for racing.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

By comparison here was a refined offering from Cadillac in 1936.

21386458-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

While SS was dependent on Standard for engine and chassis, Cadillac of course had bespoke bodies by Fisher and the new 346 ci V8 out in 1936. It also featured hydraulic brakes!

Note the covered, side mounted spares.

This earlier restoration example is $60K http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/cadillac/70/1618937.html

Bruce

22054022-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=1

1964 Morgan Plus 4 by comparison. Note fendor mirrors, 2 ear knockoffs, overall a 'modern' edition of a 1930s car

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

090613-1455Jaguar39SS100.jpg

That is what I had in mind for rear luggage rack. That one doesn't even have a rear luggage rack

I really like the tonneau cover they have here-- looks much better than just the top down.

Bruce

That is what I had in mind for rear luggage rack. That one doesn't even have a rear luggage rack

I really like the tonneau cover they have here-- looks much better than just the top down.

I agree. Where can one get reasonably priced leather straps? My SIL suggested a horse supply or harness shop.

And what are those wheels? They look like old Caddy OEM wheels.

It is interesting to see all the Duke variations. I doubt two are anything alike. On this one, high license plate mount, different tail lights, outside door handles, side mirror placement, dual exhausts, among others. The burgundy/black combo is boss, and this one really looks mint.

Our Duke came with the tonneau and side curtains. The tonneau cover in the picture looks like ours; I suppose that was a factory option but doubt you could source one now. A custom canvas or sewing shop could probably make one for you. If you want, I can send you some pictures of ours to help. There are a couple of flaps with velcro that fasten under the folded top to tighten the package up.

Hmmm. What about getting a full cockpit tonneau cover as well? Have to check that out. It would be a bit classier when parking for a while than a blue plastic tarp and bungee cords.

I have the full cockpit tonneau for my Duke.I've never installed to see how it fits.I'll try to put up a pic after it gets less busy around here.I also got with my Duke.the frame minus the fabric for the folding top.Might try to get a shop to make a top.Have also the short tonneau which I will repair and install as it adds a nice touch to the car.

Rick

Sometime in it's past, most of the snaps were ripped out of the short tonneau.We are going to try to repair this ourselves to a hopefully presentable condition.We have new snaps and material to repair the rips.Now just need to get on it.I don't ever plan to use the the full cover,but who knows,might look good in a car show.

Rick

It looks like the purpose of the full tonneau is to protect the interior when the car is to be parked in the rain or for a long time in the hot sun, or overnight.

Another option for the old, damaged tonneau is to make measurements and have new panels cut to size, then sewn by an upholstery shop, who can also insert the new snaps, to make a new one exactly like the original.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived