CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello everyone!

Well after just getting my STS back on the road with your help, thank you all very much, I find the '04 Deville has an issue with the Drivers Door. This morning when I closed the door, the DIC said the driver's door was ajar. I re-closed it three times, making sure the seat belt was not in the jamb. Still got the message. I remember having this issue on a '94 Town Car, so I looked along the door's edge for a small switch like the Lincoln had. No luck. Can you tell me how the circuit works for door ajar? I am thinking there must be a bad switch causing the issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ohio Jim

Hello.

I do believe the switch is integrated into the latch assembly at the back of the door.

Usually there are 2 plugs to the latch, If you can remove your panel you should be able to check the plugs. Unplug and plug them in a few times and check for corrosion.

I have not worked on a 2004 but I would it wouldnt be too crazy different from the 2002.

best of luck to you

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Rockfangd,

Thanks for the start. I was able to locate a wiring diagram, and see the plug is integrated as you suggest. I will pull that door apart and see what I can find!

Ohio Jim

you are off to a good start. Problem is likely the valve itself or one of the plugs to it. If not corroded then likely it is the latch

GM FAN FOREVER

Rockfangd,

Thanks again! I will put it on my list to do... right after the Cleveland Indians game on Saturday, and the plugs in the '99 STS...and the air conditioner on the "99... and the air bag code on the '99... and so on! LOL

I am only joking... I appreciate your help each and every time! The help I receive keeps me sane!

Ohio Jim

I dont even know what sanity is anymore. I call it tolerance lol. Sanity is gone with the introduction to fords

GM FAN FOREVER

Archived