CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello,

I seemed to have lost one of my key fob's for my 2010 SRX...how do i tell if the key fob i have is #1 or #2 or what number it is? Also, do you recommend buying a new key fob or can i buy a used key fob for an SRX and reprogram it to make it work?

Thanks

kat

On my STS-V remote the fob number is lightly imprinted on the top of the fob.

When my fob came apart I took the pieces to the dealer and let them program a new one. Just as well as it turned out the module to be programmed needed replacement.

That said, at the dealer fob was $189 as I recall and programming was $89. So there is plenty of saving available if you can grab a new fob on ebay and reprogram yourself. I don't have the procedure for programming the 2010 SRX in front of me but someone hopefully will share.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thank you..

My next question is, do i have to buy a branch new one or can i buy one that has been attached to an SRX...i just spoke to the dealership where i bought my car and they told me for the remote, programming, and new cut key it would be $400...becasue the cut key had to come out of Michigan...it couldnt be cut at the dealership...do you know if that is true?

You DO NOT have to buy a NEW remote...

Buy one from ebay or somewhere and program it yourself.

Instruction are in post #3...

Call a different dealership about the key.

Here is a link to a new remote...

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?addtocart=1&addpartnumber=22865375&partnumber=20984227

Posted Image

We needed a new remote for my wife's 1999 Pontiac Grand Am and were quoted $250. I got a *new* remote from an Internet seller and had it programmed at a locksmith. Cost was $40 for the remote and $10 to program it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 month later...

I have looked all over both of my remotes and absolutely can't find any numbers on them anywhere. Besides what would be the difference between the two other than your memory settings?

The memory settings is the difference between the fobs. The memory settings include seat positions, mirror positions,transmission shifting, and possibly other things. Check the "personalization" section in the owner's manual.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

I think the reason for the numbers is so you can pick the correct one if they were mixed up. I know a 6 ft man doesn't want to grab his 5'2" wifes fob and get in. :fighting0025:

Help me know where these little numbers might be found?

My 2006 fobs DO NOT have numbers...

The #1, #2, #3 etc are assigned by the car, to the fob, based on the order that they are programmed.

Posted Image

I have one with a 2 stamped into the rear of the case. Right in the center and its very obvious. The other does not have a number. I ordered replacements and they do not have numbers stamped on the back.

My 2011 fobs have a number stamped in the bottom. I expect that when you get a new one you assign it a number when you program it to the car an stamp it on the new fob.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, my first post here. Looking for information.

I recently purchased a used 2014 SRX from a dealer (not Cadillac) and it came with only one key fob, so I bought another one off eBay (same FCC ID numbers, etc) and I need to determine if 1. the eBay fob is defective or 2. it needs to somehow be reset to wipe it's memory.

I've done all the usual stuff, replaced the battery, followed the programming instruction, even wiped all the previously know links to prior key fobs and re-linked the original fob to the car but the eBay fob is either dead or not seen by the car.

One web site I found indicated the fob would need to be flashed and they want like $60 to do this but if it doesn't need to be done then this is a scam.

Ya'll know any way to check a fob to see if it is alive or dead? I have access to oscilloscopes and a variety of test equipment but need to know what to look for, frequency, etc.

Thanks,

George

BTW in regard to having the emergency key cut for a 2014 SRX, I took a blank I bought off eBay to my local Chevy dealer and gave him both the spare and the blank and they cut the blank for free in about 30 seconds. So paying for this service is optional. If the dealer wants an arm and both legs go to another GM dealer.

I went to a locksmith once to have a fob I bought through a web site programmed for my wife's 1999 Pontiac Grand Am. The first thing the locksmith did is check the fob with his hand-held box, then he hooked the box to the OBD II connector and used it to program the car for the fob. The whole process was just a few minutes, even though he was unfamiliar with that model and had to ask me where the OBD port was, and look through the menus on his box to see if it was supported. It was inexpensive, too.

• 3 months later...

Hello….

I have a 08 escalade ESV. When I try to enter “relearn remote key” it on lynnette blinks when I press the check mark button. It dose not say active!!

Can anyone help please???

Archived