CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Will these wheels fit? Looking for advice...

Hi folks,

I have a 2010 CTS 3.0L base; has stock 17" rims. I believe they're 17x8, +48 offset, correct? Stock tires are 235/55/17.

Found a set of 18" Camaro rims locally and wondering if they will fit without any issues. They are 18x7.5, +38 offset.

What would be a good tire size for these rims, if they fit?

Thanks very much!

The diameter and offset don't match well. The key parameters to look at are the bolt circle (the CTS uses a 5-120 bolt pattern, five bolts on a 120 mm diameter circle), rolling diameter or rotations per mile of the mounted tires, and fender clearance, particularly on bumps. Offset places the tire patch so that the steering axis (axis of the front strut) passes through the center of the tire patch, which minimizes torque-steer for FWD drive vehicles and provides stability under braking. If your rolling diameter is within about 2%, then speedometer accuracy, power and braking will not be seriously affected. The offset for a different diameter and offset is more complicated because the range of acceptable numbers depends on the steering axis inclination.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived