CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Head lamp relay for Cadillac -54?

Where to find a ralay for the head lamp? OBS! There is no probleme with the relay only the cup is missing, so I only need the cup.

When the cup is missing it does not look good in the Engine room.

post-13304-0-21904100-1395211325_thumb.j

J. C. Whitney lists a lot of relays for the 1954 Cadillac Series 62, including a replacement headlight high-beam relay. Their page on this part is:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/painless-high-beam-headlight-relay/p2003359.jcwx

Apparently the Painless Products page on an equivalent (or the same?) relay kit is here:

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/lv.php?sl=30815

These are relay kits, not an exact replacement, which is probably not obtainable. The kit includes wires and a socket for the relay so that you can put it into your system by splicing the socket into your wiring harness. If this is a show car restoration, you will probably need to find one at a recycling yard. There are resources for classic cars that may be able to provide an exact replacement, or a nearly exact replacement. Note that this is probably a 6 Volt relay, and that a 12 Volt relay probably won't work for this.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thank you Cadillac Jim,

You are right, I´m looking for the original. I have seen the links but nothing I want to mount.

Thanks

I went to J.C. Whitney because they historically have been the best resource for maintaining old cars, but they aren't in the business of supporting classic show cars. There are outfits that are in that business. I did a web search on "classic car parts" and found too many links to explore in a short time. One of them has gas tanks, body parts, and interior parts for your car. I didn't find electrical parts, though - but they *are* out there.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

I've been looking for hours. Found on Ebay, a new U.S. $ 245. Must be cheaper. Meanwhile, a plastic bag serve as protection.

Since all you need is the cover, I suggest that you go to a recycling yard and find a relay. If the relay isn't good, just take the cover, refinish it (or chrome plate it!) and use it with your good relay.

Yes I know. But the probleme is, I do not have a recycling yard, and not one with old US cars. (I live in Sweden)

Archived