CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Tallies Dealers Set To Sell 2014 Cadillac ELR

Just the Facts:

• Nearly half of Cadillac's 940 dealers in the U.S. have decided not to sell the 2014 Cadillac ELR, the luxury brand's first plug-in hybrid vehicle.
  • Cadillac told Edmunds that about 410 dealers will not sell the ELR.
  • Dealers located in areas of the country where Cadillac sales volume is small or the likelihood of selling the new plug-in hybrid coupe is remote will not sell the ELR.

CHICAGO — Nearly half of Cadillac's 940 dealers in the U.S. have decided not to sell the 2014 Cadillac ELR, the luxury brand's first plug-in hybrid vehicle.

Cadillac told Edmunds that about 410 dealers will not sell the ELR.

Read more: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/cadillac-tallies-dealers-set-to-sell-2014-cadillac-elr.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Most of them don't sell the CTS-V either. But it's out there and available on special order. If I wanted to buy a new ELR or CTS-V (or just about any car) I would want to fill out an option sheet and order it. The practice of finding "best fit" within a half-day transport time just doesn't cut it with the car of a lifetime.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I will bet the real reason is the bloated price - the dealers know they won't sell them and don't want to lay out the cash or finance them only to have to sell them at a loss in a year.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Most Chevrolet dealers don't carry Corvettes, particularly the smaller ones. Anything low volume is going to be a special order, or a shipment from the next big town over. It's not bias, it's business. What KHE says.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived