CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacing Power Steering hose

mike33

Hi all, I need to replace the upper power steering hose on my 2002 Deville DHS. Every time I try to look up the part, I have to choose "hydroboost" or not. Which one do I have? Anyone actually have the AC Delco part #?

Thanks! Mike

I don't even know what "hydroboost" is....

Call any GM dealer and give them the last 8 digits of your VIN and they can give you the correct part no.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The best I can figure from a web search when I first saw the post is a company called Hydroboost that makes power brake upgrades for performance upgrades. Interestingly enough, their list of cars for exact-fit products does not include Cadillacs. It's possible that GM used their products on some models such as the Touring series; I suppose that premium power brake systems for the DHS are appropriate too. After 2007 they changed their name to Hyratech. Their web page is

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

I didn't think that this is necessarily what the parts book is referring to, I couldn't see how the power brake system would affect power steering hoses, and the 2002 FSM didn't refer to Hydroboost in either the master cylinder or power steering hose R&R procedure, so I didn't post.

But the key is to go to the dealer with the VIN. Some online parts vendors that are also GM dealers offer a VIN verification service, such as GM Parts Direct. You can try that too.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Check to see if your car has a vacuum brake booster. If it does, I believe that your car does not have the "hydroboost" unit.

If you see hydraulic lines running from the power steering pump to the brake booster, then I believe that you would indeed have the "hydroboost" system.

Britt

Archived