CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 Cadillac STS Seville RHD 50,000 miles - ABS, TC, Check Engine lights came on at once - possible solutions please

magicked

I hope this problem could help somebody else who may have the same problem.

So all these lights have come on and also it is limited to 90MPH.

I have researched and have written down the error codes below. Please could someone indicate where the fault may be on the car, how to diagnose and possibly fix each code (clean sensor, maybe connector or check make sure good connection - maybe check crimping). Whether it be a sensor or connector.

Hopefully the following codes will provide a check list of what to check and where it is on the car so me and anyone else with the same problem can just work through each stage and hopefully in the end come out with having fixed it :)

anyway thanks for your help in advance here are the error codes in order:

Displayed on dash:

EXP ID 113

EXP ID 84

EXP ID 25

EXP ID 54

EXP ID 50

Service Stability SYS Restricted to 90 MPH

ERROR CODES:

ABS C1242 C - Pump Motor Circuit Open

ABS C1252 C - Left Front Normal Force Malfunction

PCM P1153 C - HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1

PCM P1189 C - Pump Motor Circuit Open

PCM P1350 C - Left Front Normal Force Malfunction

RIM B1009 C - EEPROM Checksum Error

RSS C1711 C - DAMPER ACTUATOR SHORT CKT GROUND

RSS C1761 C - Right Front Position Sensor Input Fault

RSS C1782 C - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to Bat

RSS C1783 C - Road Sensing Suspension - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND

Because of so many codes, plus the EEPROM Checksum Error, I'm thinking the EEPROM or PCM might have went bad. I suggest trying to reset the PCM to default parameters by disconnecting the battery for about 15-20 minutes. Some say you can reset by disconnecting both positive and negative battery cables and touching them together for a few seconds. Again, both cables MUST be completely disconnected. I have never tried this method, so I'm not sure if it works. But I do know that disconnecting battery for about 15-20 minutes does work. But before you try the reset, clear all the codes.

EEPROM means: Electrically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory module.

Note it is a RHD export car..some of the codes will be unique to the export version.

Thank you for you're response I disconnected the battery

The abs 2 codes remain

All the PCM codes have gone

The RIM code remains

RSS C1783 has gone to History.

Does this mean there is hope and it may not have gone bad.

I checked all fuses also and all ok.

Addressing the vibration after 55mph issue today. Wheel balance I hope will fix this.

Is there any methods I can follow for checking each code.

That first one ABS shares a code with a Toyota when I searched and there is a perfect 3 page PDF of what to do. Wish there was the same thing for the Cadillac.

Thanks

Addressing the vibration after 55mph issue today. Wheel balance I hope will fix this.

I can't help you much with the codes, but I have solved a couple of tire vibration issues on Caddys. Make sure you get a road force balance and make sure the road force number is under 10 pounds. Under 10 pounds = smooth as silk, Over 10 pounds, you'll still feel it on occasion. Over 15 pounds = bad tire.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Well today I drove it and yes wheel balance was a waste of time still vibrates. Needs to be done through the lug nuts apparently so that will have to wait another day and to find a garage that can do that, well we will see.

And today the following codes have changed

Rss c1711 has disspeared

Rss c1761 remains

Rss c1782 is changed to history

Rss c1783 is now current.

Abs codes Remain the same.

The rim code remains

I will try clean the connector behind the drivers side / left headlight see if that is corroded for the abs codes

Then it's back to the research and find what's wrong

Lots of things too do and such a nice car.

No, a Road Force Balance is not done through the lug nuts. If you are not sure of what I am talking about, follow this LINK: http://www.hunter.com/balancer/roadforce/

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

• 2 months later...

I hope this problem could help somebody else who may have the same problem.

So all these lights have come on and also it is limited to 90MPH.

I have researched and have written down the error codes below. Please could someone indicate where the fault may be on the car, how to diagnose and possibly fix each code (clean sensor, maybe connector or check make sure good connection - maybe check crimping). Whether it be a sensor or connector.

Hopefully the following codes will provide a check list of what to check and where it is on the car so me and anyone else with the same problem can just work through each stage and hopefully in the end come out with having fixed it :)

anyway thanks for your help in advance here are the error codes in order:

Displayed on dash:

EXP ID 113

EXP ID 84

EXP ID 25

EXP ID 54

EXP ID 50

Service Stability SYS Restricted to 90 MPH

ERROR CODES:

ABS C1242 C - Pump Motor Circuit Open

ABS C1252 C - Left Front Normal Force Malfunction

PCM P1153 C - HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1

PCM P1189 C - Pump Motor Circuit Open

PCM P1350 C - Left Front Normal Force Malfunction

RIM B1009 C - EEPROM Checksum Error

RSS C1711 C - DAMPER ACTUATOR SHORT CKT GROUND

RSS C1761 C - Right Front Position Sensor Input Fault

RSS C1782 C - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to Bat

RSS C1783 C - Road Sensing Suspension - ICCS2 DL Left Output Short Circuit to GND

I also had a problem with the ground to abs pump , but with 1999 model LHD. The ground cable was broken inside and looked perfectly fine from outside. A new connector cable to engine ground solved it. The pump draws a lot of current probably resulting in false codes. I would check the ground connections for corrosion especially where salt water gets into the engine compartment.

Archived