CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dyno Testing the new VSport TTV6

2014_cadillac_cts_ill_fe_1028133_600.jpg

[NOTE: dynapack dyno not a dynojet so results are not directly comparable]

It's easy to warm up to the CTS Vsport's stout factory ratings of 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. What we wanted to find out is how well this turbocharged mill maintains its output over its rev range, and how heat-sensitive it is. So we headed to Church Automotive Testing in Wilmington, California, and bolted the CTS Vsport up to its Dynapack dyno. For comparison sake, we brought along an XTS Vsport powered by the same engine turned sideways.

Read More: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/track-tests/2014-cadillac-cts-vsport-and-2014-cadillac-xts-vsport-dyno-tested.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Verrry nice. The torque curve looks like it makes car with excellent throttle predictability and this very easy to drive.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 months later...

Davenport Motorsports in Canada strapped a stock CTS VSport to their dyno. 

We look forward to releasing Performance packages for the all new 2014 Cadillac CTS V-Sport 3.6L twin turbo offered from Cadillac. We see big potential with this engine and look forward to posting results as we develop staged packages.

1:10 in the video, result: 371 whp and 426 ft-lbs at the wheels.  With all the VSports being automatics, and expected 20% losses, that's 371/.8 = 463 hp at the crank.  The VSport is rated at 430 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque. One reference appears to show they have a dynojet dyno.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived