CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello, Cadillac owners and enthusiasts! I am in the process of doing a head gasket job and fixing up a 2000 DHS with 120k miles and a sunroof!. My ultimate goal is to repair it to like-new condition and sell it so someone can enjoy it instead of it heading for a scrap yard.

Anyway, I have already done one head gasket job that proved to be fairly difficult because I was winging it. Now that I have the Time-Sert kit and the know-how, it's going a lot smoother. But, I was hoping I could get any constructive criticism, suggestions, or advice possible.

Are Fel-Pro head gaskets of bad quality? I used Victor Reinz last time because I heard rumors of Fel-Pro being crappy. Just curious, Fel-Pro is a little cheaper.

Ok, my next question is: Where do I find the heat camera for the front of the grill for the HUD? The previous owner had a minor fender-bender and replaced the whole dog house...the HUD no longer works because the camera is gone, is what I was told.

Also, the whole doghouse is a darker colored red than the body. I think the body is Medium Red, although I don't know because I don't know where to find the paint code and how to look it up. I will have to figure that out and sand it down and spray at least the doghouse if not the whole car. Nobody wants multi colored vehicles. But it would be really cool if I could restore the HUD in the process.

Ok...Now I have a list of DTC's and what I've done to repair them so far:

B0159 - Outside Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance -- The little sensor that is fastened to the hood-latch assembly was missing. I acquired a new one and I assume this was the reason it threw this code.

B0189 - Solar Load Sensor #2 Circuit Range (sunload) -- I know this has something to do with the head lights. Maybe it's the dome-shaped sensor on the dash that's bad??

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance -- From what I understand, this has something to do with the rear vent system and it not being exact...I'm not for sure, but I probably wont mess with this for another week 'til I get it all back together and find out if it isn't hot or isn't cold.

B04626 - Ambient Light Sensor Circuit -- I have no idea what this one's about.

C0660 - Level Control Exhaust Valve Malfunction (had Service Stability System light also) -- I replaced the air compressor with another one out of another DeVille with 90k and no stability system light. Hopefully this fixed this.

B0026 - Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1) Open (also air bag light) -- Maybe just a loose connection? I've heard that there's a few wires in the steering column that can somehow get all funked up, too.

B2860 - Telescope Position Sensor Range -- It has an electric tilt wheel. It over-slides and makes a clanking sound at the end of its rope but it does work. Have no idea how to fix this.

I've looked around here and on the other big Cadillac forum a lot but never posted, so I decided I'd give it a go. A lot of these things I can figure out, I just wanted to get any helpful advice or suggestions that I could in my adventures. I'd post pictures but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Thanks,

JD

I don't think Felpro is poor quality - Felpro is a Federal Mogul company and Federal Mogul is a huge supplier to the OEMs.

Jake from Northstar Performance stated the Felpro rear main seal was lesser quality than the OEM but I have one in my '97 STS and it is leak free.

There were very few DTS cars equipped with the night vision option. It was a $2500.00 option and because it was so expensive, few cars were equipped with it. You might be able to find one in a junkyard but I wouldn't hold my breath. The junkyards will know how rare the option is and will charge accordingly but you may get lucky and score one.

Ebay is another option.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I think it would be really cool to have that option operational. I had never seen it before and I've owned quite a few DeVilles -- probably been through at least 7 of them. I'd be hard pressed to come off of this one if everything worked right it is loaded. But that's off topic...I'll keep this thread updated as to what my final conclusion ends up being.

Still if anyone has any info on some of the DTC's up there I can't figure out; and don't have a FSM for; I'd appreciate it.

B0189 - Solar Load Sensor #2 Circuit Range

B04626 - Ambient Light Sensor Circuit

If I am not mistaken...Both of these codes are from the domed shaped sensor in the dash.

Since both of them say CIRCUIT...it is possible that it is just unplugged.

B0026 - Left Front/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1) Open (also air bag light)

It could just be a loose wire... but if the steering has been disconnected and the steering wheel was turned... it probably broke the clock spring inside the steering column...

Posted Image

Archived