CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

So after failing emissions twice for HC (CO and Nox close), I decided to pull the intake mainfold (beauty cover) cover to inspect. Fuel is everywhere inside. Thinking FPR. I'm trying to disconnect the injector harness where it goes through the plastic fuel rail holder. Doesn't look like a connector really. See picture below:

20131005_175939.jpg

BTW, that cup where the wires go through was filled to the top with fuel. Fuel kinda looked like some oil in it too, but not sure how that much oil could get in there. I think it's just old fuel that has evaporated over time and "thickened" so to speak, also mixing with the plastics. I'd really like to remove it so I can clean everything up and inspect wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks gents.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't need to pull the injector harness to service the FPR. If you are trying to clean out the gas from the manifold, and you *must* pull the harness, un-bolt the fuel rail support that has the injector harness feed-through.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived