CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

OEM Supercharger for tuning

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

Got an OEM STS-V supercharger+intercooler on ebay. Beautiful piece of engineering.

This gives me an extra snout to modify for a smaller pulley, an extra intercooler+laminova tubes to experiment with, an extra test bed for flow experiments, a model for prototyping cap spacers, etc.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 8 months later...

Hey Bruce, have you ever seen this website? The Snakebite kit looks very interesting and they can do an STS-V supercharger. Otherwise, they can do supercharger porting, rebuilds, and several other services. I bet they could work wonders with our cars!

One of the XLR guys got this treatment, with good result. There were some other stories too as I recall - one sts-v owner suggested caused more vibration(?). After pulley options became available I think the conventional wisdom is blower pulleys cheaper and easier.

That said I like all the info and writeups at the snakebite site. But how much are you willing to pay for 50 hp?

Getting more boost not as hard as keeping the blower from moving out of its efficiency range -- which it appears to be at the top of in stock config. No point to running it a lot faster unless you can dump more heat somewhere. So figure out the a/c to intercooler coolant tie then snakebite.

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Hey Bruce, did you ever get around to trying out smaller supercharger pulleys? I am to a point I am starting to consider putting a smaller pulley on my 2009 STS-V. Just wondering what size would be safe yet still yield a good performance boost.

No; my impression is on the LC3 there is some advantage in a 10% overdrive, perhaps up to 50 hp, if you can keep the incoming air cool. There have been mixed results reported though in some cases.

Bruce

Hey Bruce, did you ever get around to trying out smaller supercharger pulleys? I am to a point I am starting to consider putting a smaller pulley on my 2009 STS-V. Just wondering what size would be safe yet still yield a good performance boost.

Luke, search TimmyC sts-v and you will find much info. Pulleys (upper and lower), ported intake, throttle body etc... What you can run without a tune and what you must tune to use. I have been reading about those a little lately and wondering how long before I can't stand just reading :blush: . A point comes when you need more fuel pump too and my xlr might be a problem there, having 2 tanks. Then the real problem comes along, once you start, when do you quit?

Archived