CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Project: 1939 Jaguar SS100 Replica Classic Roadsters, LTD. "Duke"

That's absolutely uncanny..I also sold my Duke yesterday.I'm going to send the new owner this link.It is, by far,the best resource I have found on these cars.Thank you Bruce for all you have put in to this topic..

What a fun coincidence; figure the odds.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's absolutely uncanny..I also sold my Duke yesterday.I'm going to send the new owner this link.It is, by far,the best resource I have found on these cars.Thank you Bruce for all you have put in to this topic..

Actually, Bruce has a whole board here on the Duke.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 month later...

Whoa, it looks like everyone has cashed in their chips. Am I the only one left who still has their Duke-Jag? We are back in Colorado for the summer. The weather is finally looking promising (sorry to all the Texans). I'm ready to roll (see my thread). Well Bruce, if this is it, let me know when you are ready to turn off the lights.

I'm not speaking for Bruce, but it's not gonna happen. These guys are turning the new owners on to Caddyinfo's Duke board. And, you should be telling others about it too. One way is to but a link in your e-mail signature block,

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=95

I suggest embedding the link into text, as in:

Duke Board on Caddyinfo.com

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Whoa, it looks like everyone has cashed in their chips. Am I the only one left who still has their Duke-Jag? We are back in Colorado for the summer. The weather is finally looking promising (sorry to all the Texans). I'm ready to roll (see my thread). Well Bruce, if this is it, let me know when you are ready to turn off the lights.

Still an interesting topic, so please do continue to share about these classic cars.

Bruce

I'll hang around and add my email as C.Jim suggests. Bruce, what about a Facebook group for Classic Roadster replicas...maybe a bit bigger population than just Dukes?

Up to you, but certainly you guys are welcome to stay here. If you create a Facebook group we can link to it from this subforum as well.

Bruce

• 2 months later...

I could use a new windshield frame. Does anyone know anything about the original Duke windshields; whether they were from another car of if any even exist on Planet Earth? I'm also looking into a refinish or replating, but mine is pretty pitted. And chrome plating seems to be a lost art thanks to the EPA.

Check with these guys too http://www.mgmagicclassicmotorparts.com/

Some of those type parts were re-used or common among similar cars. I would also consider swapping for a brooklands windscreen :-)

2013_11_15_Windshield_Frame_Complete__11

http://www.mgmagicclassicmotorparts.com/windshield-complete-assembly-parts-sold-separately-gazelle-ssk/

Bruce

The Brooklands screen would add a bit more authenticity, but I need the regular windshield frame with the groove on the top to connect the convertible top into. And if I did the Brooklands, then I would want to get a 4-spoke steering wheel and get regular fenders or fill in the side mount holes and put a spare on the back and get 19" wheels and paint it racing green and ... and ... (Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.)

I wanted the fold-down version w brooklands screens behind it, although I am not certain how well that worked in real life on the SS-100(!). I think I priced out authentic SS-100 wheels+tires at US$8k

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. The actual original SS-90s used a Standard engine, in the SS-100 modified fm side-valve to OHV w a new cylinder head (but I understand the appeal of a Jag engine)

Bruce

Archived