CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

07 DTS - passenger side wet carpeting

Hi all,

About 60 days ago while vacuuming I noticed that the passenger side front carpeting was wet underneath the floormat. I did some reading on this site and have performed the following actions to attempt a resolution:

1. Ran trimmer line through sunroof drain tubes that I could find (the rear ones) for about 15" with no resistance;

2. Ran trimmer line through A/C outlet nipple on pass. side firewall, no blockage. Trimmer line ran back until I hit "the end", no water came out. In fact, when A/C is run water does puddle underneath the car as expected.

3. Pulled off cabin air filter cover, cabin air filter element, and RH plastic cowl shields and found no sign of it being wet (e.g. everything appeared dry, felt dry, and thin layer of dust present). The Recirculation vent opens and shuts freely on command and I can see the blower motor spinning. No sign of water on the FW side of the housing.

When I pulled back the plastic "carpet bezel/kick panel" and pulled back the carpet, I can see droplets of water hanging off the blower motor housing. The last time I pulled this apart I could see water dripping off the wiring harness to the right (both affected areas pictured and circled in red).

Does anyone have additional ideas of where the leak could be originating that it'd be dripping down the blower motor housing? Thanks for any input you all may have.

Mark

dts_blower_motor2-1.png

<!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->2007 DTS Performance - 50K

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

As a matter of fact, I <i>am</i> driving 70 MPH in a phone booth.

If the moisture is water and not anti-freeze, I would suspect the evaporator drain is not draining properly due to a partial restriction. Not sure if the '06-'11 DTS's have a rubber elbow on the outlet but some of the cars have a rubber elbow on the evaporator outlet and if it is modding, the air movement due to road speed will blow into the evaporator housing efectively prohibiting it from draining. At low speeds, it will drain but not at highway speeds. Someone with an '06-'11 DTS would need to confirm the presence of an elbow.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived