CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Standard Sports Car or Tuned Sleeper?

Matt showed up in t he UK to bother Chris, and over pints, got into a discussion about the "ideal" amount of tuning for a daily driver, as well as whether we'd rather have a fast sleeper Audi or a slow 2013 Porsche Cayman. Agree with us?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I've always preferred sleepers. When I drove that 1966 427 Corvette, it drew so much attention in my college town that I developed a habit of mainly driving it at night. When people noticed that 427 station wagon, it got complements and offers to buy it. Nobody noticed that 1964 Chevrolet Impala station wagon, except occasionally at a long light, people sometime would start to look around for what was making that hot-rod idle sound; when that happened, I would look around for it too. I never found it. Never did anyone notice the slight body shake. The Quad 4 HO, nobody took it seriously because, hey, it's just a weak-kneed four-cylinder, right? Etc.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I don't care if its a sleeper or not just give me the one with the power! Sleeper could be more fun at times though.

If anyone hasn't seen Matt driving the Hennessey venom gt, it is a great video! His reaction during acceleration is like a little kid at christmas. I will post it here if that is ok? and anyone wants to see it.

I don't care if its a sleeper or not just give me the one with the power! Sleeper could be more fun at times though.

If anyone hasn't seen Matt driving the Hennessey venom gt, it is a great video! His reaction during acceleration is like a little kid at christmas. I will post it here if that is ok? and anyone wants to see it.

Go ahead and post it... :)

Posted Image

Hmmmm..... I like power but love(!) the feeling I get from a good looking and well built car. I have had far more than a hundred cars but I´ve never owned an Audi...... and never will!

I really don´t care what others think about my rides as long as I like them!!! No, that´s a lie..... :blush: but if I don´t like´m I don´t care if others do! :P

Bottom line. Do not like Audi. Don´t give a *smurf* about that power even if it had 1000 horses! :wacko:

Archived