CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 eldorado touring crank shaft stuck and bad motor

chefmatrod

There are lots of reasons a car won't turn over when the battery is good. The most common with 90's Northstars is a bad battery cable to the starter. Those have three positive cables that have separate terminals sandwiched inside the big plastic cover at the battery connection, and corrosion can get between them. One goes to the alternator, one powers the car, and one goes to the starter, so the car can seem to be fine and the battery good but the starter still gets no power.

Good point! I owned a '94 Eldorado and know from experience that corrosion under the positive side (red) cable plastic covering can be a problem and can interfere with cranking.

There are lots of reasons a car won't turn over when the battery is good. The most common with 90's Northstars is a bad battery cable to the starter. Those have three positive cables that have separate terminals sandwiched inside the big plastic cover at the battery connection, and corrosion can get between them. One goes to the alternator, one powers the car, and one goes to the starter, so the car can seem to be fine and the battery good but the starter still gets no power.

Good point! I owned a '94 Eldorado and know from experience that corrosion under the positive side (red) cable plastic covering can be a problem and can interfere with cranking.

i can try doin that and will see if something changes !!!

Cleaning out both battery terminals can only help, particularly if you have no idea when it was last done.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived