CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TechLink: Cadillac ATS Carpet

Bruce Nunnally

Void in Carpet

The 2013 ATS built prior to December 21, 2012 may have an oval cutout or void in the carpet on the passenger’s side of the center console. (Fig. 7)

techlink_marchB_F07.jpg

Fig 7

The carpet is cut correctly and does not need to be replaced. Instead, the carpet fit must be finessed. Remove the console to allow the carpet to rise to the proper position and then reinstall the console.

If the carpet does not come up enough for the cutout to be covered, the seat may need to be removed to allow the carpet some slack. (Refer to #PIC5807 before removing the seat bolts.)

If the cutout in the carpet (Fig. 8, 9, A) does not stay up under the console, foam may need to be added under the carpet on the floor (Fig. 8, 9, B)near the console.

techlink_marchB_F08.jpg

Fig 8

techlink_marchB_F09.jpg

Fig 9

Without the foam, the carpet is allowed to be pushed down and pulls the cutout with it.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I hate it when that happens.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

"It needs to be finessed" is a nice summary. Most mechanical things need this at some point. For assemblies such as interior, carpet, etc it is best if they can ONLY go one way. Hopefully the TechLink will show Dealers how to fix easily & quickly if someone does have this as an issue.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived