CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cruise stopped work today. Display says "Cruise Engaged" but it won't hold speed. I checked the two hoses for vacuum leaks but there aren't any. The big hose (connected to the brake I believe) doesn't have any vacuum pressure while engine idle, but I'm not sure how it supposed to be? The car is very clean overall.

There are no current/history codes related to the cruise control.

Any suggestions what to do would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure that a hose (vacuum) will go to a reservoir; a broken nipple or cracked vessel could cause vacuum loss.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

The cruise is electrically operated. If you repeatedly attempt to engage the cruise, will it eventually engage? If so, the problem may be in the servo. I have the same symptom on my '97 STS a few years back and I replaced the servo with one from the junkyard and it has been fine since.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

This is weird. I replaced all the mini fuses today (just in case, they were all very old) and the cruise control started to work perfectly (in fact better than ever with fast acceleration and everything) but it was only for 30 minutes or so. When I returned back from a short trip I noticed it was out again. "Cruise Engaged" doesn't appear on the display now. But there's no blown fuse.

KHE, both yes and no, earlier "Cruise Engaged" appeared every time I pressed the button but it wouldn't hold the speed anyway (most of the times). Sometimes it did, but in hills etc. it lost speed again.

was there any corrosion in the fusebox? It can be common to lose connection and cause problems.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Problem solved. I just gave some electronic cleaner spray to the servo connector. Now it works perfect again. Might be corrosion in the fuse box also, I will check it out.

Archived