CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Tired, annoying seat belt retractors.

Frep

As the topic title says, I got slow retractors. The driver seat is worst and it's getting annoying always paying attention while slamming the door.

Anyone with experience on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Fred

I had this problem with my 91 Seville. It was indeed annoying. I usually would stretch it all the way and then let it retract from the stretched position. Kind of slingshot approach. It always worked and even helped to almost eliminate the problem itself.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I had this problem with my 91 Seville. It was indeed annoying. I usually would stretch it all the way and then let it retract from the stretched position. Kind of slingshot approach. It always worked and even helped to almost eliminate the problem itself.

Thanks. I'll try it out!

• 3 weeks later...

Just fixed mine, quite easy operation and they are now working like new again. Read on a BMW forum that careful cleaning might be an easy fix and it was. Here's a link to my blog with pics: http://www.bilpriser.se/att-atgarda-sega-trotta-bilbalten

It's all in Swedish but you'll get the idea; hot water/washing powder and lubricate with silicon when clean. Very important to let the seatbelts dry before releasing them! You don't want them to rot.

Thanks for the update. Did not even think it could be all about seat belts being too dirty. Mine were not...

Sorry about that. Are you going to replace the retractors then?

Thanks for the update. Did not even think it could be all about seat belts being too dirty. Mine were not...

Nope, I do not own that car anymore. :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Nope, I do not own that car anymore. :)

Oh, I see. And you do not have that problem on your Fleetwood, I guess .. Well, lucky you.

Archived