CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Customer Service

Hi Everyone,

We would like to introduce ourselves as the new Cadillac Customer Service on the Caddy Info! Yes, we did say “we.” To better address your questions and concerns in a timely manner we will now have 2 individuals as your primarily GM contact on this forum! We look forward to being members of this great community!

Sincerely,

Laura M. and Greg W.

Welcome and happy to have you (continue to ) participate. Please let me know if you need assistance with anything.

I have updated your membership type to "Cadillac / GM Staff" which should let you use the chat if needed with Supporting Members and a few other forum perks.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thank you for being here. I've always been impressed with the depth, capability, and grace of GM Customer Support since the first time I became aware of them, during the dance involved with the engine drama as the 1966 Corvettes were first being built and delivered. My promised 400 hp 396 became a 390 hp 427 during that dance.

A year later, I weighed the car and measured the 40-60 mph time in low gear (about 1 second) and computed the average horsepower as a little over 400. The main problem in getting the measurement was traction, and clicking a stopwatch wasn't simple during that lunge either. I had to shift at the end to avoid leaving the engine at reline while I futzed with the steering wheel and stopwatch.

GM Customer Service helped me with Performance Parts issues a few years later regarding a car with a modified engine, a small journal 327 with 375 hp Corvette heads and manifolds and other interesting bits.

When I had an issue with my 1997 Eldorado Touring Coupe about ten years ago, GM Customer Service brought a TSB to my attention and I brought it to my dealer's attention. This was the then-new treatment involving a special solvent in the plug holes of a hot engine for about 30 minutes to free up the rings.

As far as my current CTS-V is concerned, I have absolutely no issues whatsoever. If you configure a hybrid version of that car and double the gas mileage without seriously impacting the performance, you will be king of the auto world. But don't wait, because that kind of thing is already starting to appear in the Fisker, McLauren P1, LaFerrari, and BMW i8. You already have the technology in the Escalade Hybrid.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived