CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

First CTS-V Service

Cadillac Jim

I had my first service for the CTS-V today at Holman Cadillac of Mount Laurel, NJ (856) 778-1000. They did a thorough check of the service history by VIN and noted that all it needed was more air in the tires and an oil change. Since all 2011 Cadillacs were sold with Premium Serivce, there was no charge.

My car in the service bay:

20130325_102610.jpg

A most satisfactory experience.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

CADILLAC PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE

Cadillac has an exceptional program that perfectly aligns with our efforts to address the unique expectations of today’s luxury customer.

ALL 2011 AND NEWER CADILLAC VEHICLES COME STANDARD WITH CADILLAC PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE.

It’s a maintenance program that provides more peace of mind by covering certain required maintenance services during the first 4-years or 50,000-miles of the vehicle’s operation. It aligns with the terms of our 4-year or 50,000-miles bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty. And, it is fully transferable.

CADILLAC PREMIUM CARE MAINTENANCE COVERS ROUTINE MAINTENANCE SERVICES, (WHEN SCHEDULED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OWNER’S MANUAL), INCLUDING:

Oil Changes: Based on your Cadillac’s Oil Life Monitor system

Tire Rotation every 7,500 miles

Engine air cleaner filter replacement

Passenger compartment air filter replacement

Multi Point Vehicle Inspections (MPVI)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The navigation system is updated by DVD and the dealer gave me a phone number to call (877) 628-3472 or a web site http://gmnavdisc.com. I used the online option. Base cost is $199 plus $14.28 sales tax with $3.95 S&H for a total of $218.22.

The oil change is Mobil 1 5W-30 as recommended to owners. They did a tire rotation, put the tires at 32 psi (they have been 28 psi since before I got the car and I drove it up from Texas that way!), did an oil and filter change, "checked the electrical system" which probably means a Tech II psychoanalysis of all the modules, and washed the car. I don't know what kind of car wash they use bit the car looks great, with no noticeable brush marks or other artifacts, so it must be brushless and may be touchless. They GM Multi-Point Inspection is listed as part of the invoice without further itemization. I suppose that they topped off the washer fluid, and I did use quite a bit on the way up from Texas. The CTS-V squirts on the headlights, too, when you use the washers.

It was not a good day to be out and about on summer tires.

20130325_111254.jpg

However there was no ice or snow on the streets because I waited a bit before taking off for the dealer. I was a bit late but business was slow because of the weather and they got right on the car. They seemed happy to see me again and were pleased that the Eldorado had a good home.

I didn't ask them to rotate the tires, I just noticed that this was on the invoice. They put only 3 miles on the car, so it was test driven by no joy rides or errands in the snow with my CTS-V with these people.

I wasn't surprised at the competence and friendliness of the service managers as I have experienced that from the first day that I owned a Cadillac. The best surprise of all was the Cadillac Premium Care Maintenance. Everything from the dealer for scheduled routine Maintenance is free. And, I get Mobil 1 with that dealer maintenance.

If you have a V series and would like a place where it gets the same reception as a 3.6 liter, this is your place. It's in South Jersey just on the edge of Cherry Hill, about 12 miles East of Philadelphia.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Glad your new Cadillac continues to please. I find my Dealer easy to deal with as well. I think an important part of enjoying any service relationship is being a smart consumer, and knowing what things cost. I budget for maintenance, so when my car needs brakes or tires it is less of a crisis.

Bruce

Glad you were happy with service Jim, that is quite a perk

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Jim...

The car is entitled to one FREE nav Disk upgrade.

If the previous owner hasn't used it... you can use it to get the free NAV DISK.

Call them and have your VIN handy and they will check it for you.

Posted Image

Texas Jim - too late, I ordered online. I'll try that next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tex, do you know if the one free nav upgrade applies during any time of the warranty period? If so, I'll wait until just prior to expiration to get the longest use before upgrading. Anyway, great info that I wasn't aware of, just another great benefit of membership in this forum! Have you given any more thought to the Woodward Dream Cruise? I'm eager to use the "Y'all come back, hear?" line to a real Southerner! D.

Hi Tex, do you know if the one free nav upgrade applies during any time of the warranty period? If so, I'll wait until just prior to expiration to get the longest use before upgrading. Anyway, great info that I wasn't aware of, just another great benefit of membership in this forum! Have you given any more thought to the Woodward Dream Cruise? I'm eager to use the "Y'all come back, hear?" line to a real Southerner! D.

If they have your mailing address... they will automatically send it to you after you have owned the car for about one year.

If they do not send it to you... then you can call them or go online and use your VIN to order it.

I will give some serious thought to the Cruise... That would be a lot of fun... :)

Posted Image

The RedRocket and I have been together since late '10, do you have the email address to request an update disc? If you and your V come to town we will find a cozy spot for both of you. D.

You can order the navigation disk online at http://gmnavdisc.com or by calling (877) 628-3472. You will need your VIN handy to order it. It will work only on your car. The disc will come with a password enclosed and will work only if you enter that password correctly.

The tags and registration came in yesterday, along with the nav system update DVD. My insurance company has provided me with a new insurance card. So, I put the new tags on, got a NJ inspection sticker, and updated the nav system. There are a couple of things of note.

There is nothing in the owner's manuals on the nav update. The instructions that you can find online say that the key can't be turned off without risking bricking the radio and nav system, which are the same electronics in the CTS. However, the on-screen instructions that come up when you perform the update say that if the key is turned off, the update will resume when the car is started again. I didn't try that.

The prompt at the beginning of the update tells you how long the update will take. This one said three hours and a couple of minutes. That isn't exact but it was pretty close. I topped off the tank before I started the update and drove all over South Jersey watching it update.

The first thing that updates is the radio software. When it's updated, the radio/nav system reboots. Once that is complete, there is a radio favorites database application and another reboot. Those take only a few minutes. Once they are done, you get the radio back while the nav program updates. You get yet another reboot and then the main event, the map data update, begins, which takes most of the three hours.

The instructions that you find online tell you that the DVD will eject once the update is done. It does not eject by itself. If you leave it in, then the next time you start the car it want's to install everything again. You just say no, then eject it with the same button you use to eject a music CD.

You can order the navigation disk online at http://gmnavdisc.com or by calling (877) 628-3472. You will need your VIN handy to order it. It will work only on your car. The disc will come with a password enclosed and will work only if you enter that password correctly.

Thanks for the info Caddy Jim, very helpful - RedRocket.

The tags and registration came in yesterday, along with the nav system update DVD. My insurance company has provided me with a new insurance card. So, I put the new tags on, got a NJ inspection sticker, and updated the nav system. There are a couple of things of note.

There is nothing in the owner's manuals on the nav update. The instructions that you can find online say that the key can't be turned off without risking bricking the radio and nav system, which are the same electronics in the CTS. However, the on-screen instructions that come up when you perform the update say that if the key is turned off, the update will resume when the car is started again. I didn't try that.

The prompt at the beginning of the update tells you how long the update will take. This one said three hours and a couple of minutes. That isn't exact but it was pretty close. I topped off the tank before I started the update and drove all over South Jersey watching it update.

The first thing that updates is the radio software. When it's updated, the radio/nav system reboots. Once that is complete, there is a radio favorites database application and another reboot. Those take only a few minutes. Once they are done, you get the radio back while the nav program updates. You get yet another reboot and then the main event, the map data update, begins, which takes most of the three hours.

The instructions that you find online tell you that the DVD will eject once the update is done. It does not eject by itself. If you leave it in, then the next time you start the car it want's to install everything again. You just say no, then eject it with the same button you use to eject a music CD.

This is especially good data Caddy Jim, thanx! D.

This is especially good data Caddy Jim, thanx! D.

Let me extend the same invite to you that I have for other Caddy Heads on this forum. If you are into a road trip that you will surely remember, bring your V to the Motor City and join us at the Woodward Dream Cruise this summer. I would enjoy meeting you and think you would get a kick out of the "spectacle". I usually go to the same spot each day (outside the Red Coat Tavern in the geographic center of the action) and a row of Caddys would be most cool! Dave.

Keep us posted on the dates, who to contact to stay in touch, etc. If you have an e-mail list for updates and information, let us know how to get on it.

Will do, I'm out of town until end of April, will look into on my return, D.

Info on Woodward Dream Cruise: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Did you know that the Woodward Dream Cruise actually started as a small fundraiser to raise money for a soccer field in Ferndale, Michigan?

In August 1995, Nelson House and a group of volunteers looked to relive and recreate the nostalgic heydays of the 50s and 60s, when youth, music and Motor City steel roamed Woodward Avenue, America’s first highway. That year, 250,000 people participated—nearly ten times the number expected. The rest, as they say, is history.

Today, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event, drawing 1.5 million people and 40,000 classic cars each year from around the globe—from as far away as New Zealand, Australia, Japan and the former Soviet Union. North American cruisers from California, Georgia, Canada and all points in between caravan to Metro Detroit to participate in what has become, for many, an annual rite of summer.

Bruce

Is the Woodward Dream Cruise a suitable topic for Cadillac Tet-Togethers? Or, it it really an all-make thing that we can have a "Cadillac Caucus" in?

I think it's both, definitely an all makes thing (kinda like a car circus actually). If we can get a contingent of out-of-town CaddyHeads I will get with Torxila (a local monster V-Coupe (750hp+-) guy) who has a group of CaddyHeads to form a CaddyRuckus (look up caddyruckus on youtube for a great video). Another great idea, any out-of-town CaddyHeads interested in the Detroit Grand Prix? Cadillac has a great Car Corral for V owners only that get you parking directly on the Island race site (the public has to park on the mainland and bus to the site), reserved seating and lots of other "perks". I went last year (photos on my past post "redrocket with new shoes") and it's a toss up which is better, the DGP or Woodward DC. Parking/meeting with other V Heads/the Cadillac experience, etc. is probably superior at the Grand Prix. Summer so short, so many opportunities! If there is any interest in the Grand Prix I (or Bruce) can find the site to get tickets for the Caddy Car Corral. Dave.

Thanx Bruce, always on top of things!

Archived