CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DIY Spray Detailer Cadillac experiment

DIY Spray Detailer Cadillac experiment

Posted on March 17, 2013 by bwnunnally

While Jims_97_ETC was in town to pick up his 2011 Cadillac CTS-V, we were discussing the topic of spray detailer.

I actually meant to pick up a bottle of spray detailer to tuck in his Cadillac for the drive back, but didn’t get that done by Saturday.

IMG_0356-1024x764.jpg

Spray Detailer is a product used for touch-up clean-up of an automobile when you don’t have time or need a full wash. So let’s say you get a new, clean car, and get one spot on it on the way back home. You’d spray just that spot with the spray detailer, then wipe off with a micro-fiber towel, and the car would be clean again. No muss, no fuss.

Read More: http://caddyinfo.com...ler-experiment/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Who?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

DIY Spray Detailer Test 2

Posted on March 20, 2013 by bwnunnally

Today I had a good opportunity to retest the DIY Spray Detailer.

IMG_0387-1024x764.jpg

STS-V hood with offending debris

On the hood (bonnet) of my Cadillac STS-V I found a patch of bird debris that needed to be removed. Bird poop can be quite harmful to paint. The hood was also covered in a light dusting of, well, dust. I live in Plano, Texas which intended to be a prairie and not a suburb, so we get dust. The hood needed a good spritz rinse, bird poop removal, and clean-up.

Read more: http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/diy-spray-detailer-test-2/

Bruce

My beloved ol' 94 STS just snoozes in the garage until spring...altho I did take it out on Sunday for a nice little drive, performed FLAWLESSLY!

look1-1-1.jpg

Mine is a daily driver year round luckily here in Texas. I am trying to find some habits that will lead to clean wheels and paint all or most of the time -- so the DIY Spray Detailer is part of that search.

Bruce

You're lucky, Bruce that you live in such a nice climate that you don't have to store your STS-V...Don't you think that if you did that the abcence would make the heart grow fonder? LOL! In a few short days I will be clay barring the car with some instant detailer as you speak of and the locals here will once again be in awe of the Cadillac

look1-1-1.jpg

Don't you think that if you did that the abcence would make the heart grow fonder? LOL!

That's exactly how I feel when I pick up my '93 Fleetwood Brougham from winter storage each spring. It's like having a new car every year.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 03 DTS as a daily driver and am a stickler on appearance. I has 56000 mi. on it and is garage kept. Living in NYC. I've had the back bumper redone twice from People parking by ear. I am very proud of this automobile for it's looks and appearance to me are Beautiful. A Tip I.ve neen doing for years after you clean the windows put a coat of wax on all of them except the Windshield they are much easier to maintain. Take care

Frank

I pretty much have the same thing for spot cleaning. I filled a spray bottle with distilled water, and like you, added about 2 ounces of Turtle Wax Car Wash and Wax Soap to it. Works out great for spot cleaning, or wiping down the whole car. Never tried it on the wheels though..

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Archived