CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

car sits more than used due to wife having comapny car,

Every year we seem to spend big money on the ac, compressors and etc because of leaks.

today, first time using ac for season. For a moment it blew correctly, then dash vents stopped and cold came out at feet and at defrost.

Sort trip, then we stopped for maybe 20 minutes and then on our way. Turn on ac and same thing, maybe blew out dash for a minute or 2, then switched to defrost and feet vents.

I am thinking maybe vacuum leak, but I have no idea where to look. Any info related in greatly appreciated. and if anyone has diagrams, and pics which help with identifing parts and areas are even better.

thansk

bgk

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me - check the line that runs near/below the battery - others have reported a leak there.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You don't need to post your e-mail address on an open forum. People like the very knowledgeable KHE and others will answer on the forum. You can edit your post to remove your e-mail address if you do so soon. This will prevent web-bots from the Russian mafia picking up your e-mail address for Spam.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

car sits more than used due to wife having comapny car,

Every year we seem to spend big money on the ac, compressors and etc because of leaks.

today, first time using ac for season. For a moment it blew correctly, then dash vents stopped and cold came out at feet and at defrost.

Sort trip, then we stopped for maybe 20 minutes and then on our way. Turn on ac and same thing, maybe blew out dash for a minute or 2, then switched to defrost and feet vents.

I am thinking maybe vacuum leak, but I have no idea where to look. Any info related in greatly appreciated. and if anyone has diagrams, and pics which help with identifing parts and areas are even better.

thansk

bgk

I removed your email address from your post.

it's not a real good idea to post it in a public forum.

Posted Image

I still have my 1994 OEM Service Manual and looked up the A/C system. The '94 should be similar, if not exactly like the '95. On the left side (driver's side), where heat blows out on the floor, there are two actuators for circulating air. These hoses are colored as follows:

1. Black hose to vaccum source;

2. Another black hose to parking brake;

3. Orange hose to Recirculating Air Door;

4. Red hose to Air 'DOWN' Door;

5. Yellow hose to Air 'UP' Door;

6. Blue hose to A/C Defroster Door.

On the right side (passenger side) there is 'Programmer' that has 4 hoses connected to it. One black hose is connected to the orange hose (connected to Recirculating Air Door) and exits into the engine compartment to vacuum source. The hoses that are connected to the Programmer look as though they are routed under the Air Distributor Assembly, which is where air conditioned air exits. So, it looks like you need to remove the shift panel--after removing the shifter knob--then gently pry it up and it should pop off (careful not to crack it because its plastic simulated wood is over 10 years old). It looks like you will need to remove the Console which is the entire assembly that has the arm rest. It's fairly involved becuse you will have to remove some screws, etc. If I were you, I would buy an OEM Service Manual or go to Pepboys or another auto parts store and see if there is a manual that describes how to remove the Console, etc. in order to access the vacuum lines. Otherwise, at least get down where the heat exist to the floor and see if you can see anything obvious like a disconnected hose. I'm not even sure you will be able to see actuators. I used to own a '94 Eldorado and don't remember if the actuators were visible--I doubt they are?!

• 2 weeks later...

just to update what fixed my issue, and it also fixed the ebrake release when trans was shifted.

under hood , passenger side, near windshield.

there is a plastic pipe coming from under engine cover. Attached to this pipe was a piece of vacuum hose approx 10 inches long that went to a y fitting. This 10 inch piece of hose was shot. I assume do to engine heat. replaced and all is better

bgk

Archived