CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2009 CTS V

Texas Jim

Wow! Is that your car?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

First pic is of dash / controls...

Second pic is of the accent lighting that runs under the edge of the dash...

The accent lighting is actually a cool blue... but that isn't the color my camera took... LOL

20130305_184644_zpsf34f3740.jpg

20130305_184718_zpsfa5a6c99.jpg

Posted Image

That is one fine looking car Jim, I only wish I was looking at one now. Maybe in a couple years. I know you will update us here if/when you get it. Is that an automatic, I can't tell from the pic? I looked at a new one in Wichita with the black wheels and this looks much better!!

I can see the cool blue accent lighting. That's the funny thing about color photography - some colors, particularly LED or laser colors, or very deeply saturated reds or blues, will photograph as noticeably different colors. That's because the eye's response to colors is not exactly matched by the color filters in cameras (or the color dye sensitivity in film). Deep black velvet can photograph deep red, for example. And blue LEDs may photograph a bit purpule.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I can see the cool blue accent lighting. That's the funny thing about color photography - some colors, particularly LED or laser colors, or very deeply saturated reds or blues, will photograph as noticeably different colors. That's because the eye's response to colors is not exactly matched by the color filters in cameras (or the color dye sensitivity in film). Deep black velvet can photograph deep red, for example. And blue LEDs may photograph a bit purpule.

Beautiful car TexasJim!

Jims_97_ETC, I spoke to the owner of General Sales yesterday, as we suspected he didnt have any CTS-V's, but if any come available over the next couple of weeks he will call me.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Time to pack it in on the Ol' DTS, huh? Maybe BBF should consider taking it off yer hands :lol:

the thought has crossed my mind, but I reckon I will keep the DTS a while longer...as long as it doesn't start giving me a lot of trouble.

It still runs and drives about like it did when it was new...

It only has 126,000 on it.

Maybe next year... I don't know..

Posted Image

Archived