CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac XTS local production begins in China

Bruce Nunnally

chinese-xts-1024x682.jpeg

Cadillac has begun production of the new Cadillac XTS for the Chinese local market. XTS production in China will be to the same exacting quality standards and of the same supplied high quality materials as the US production. The Cadillac XTS, which is priced from RMB 349,900 to RMB 569,900, is available in five variants with two engine options (a 2.0T engine and a 3.6L engine) (RMB = renminbi, or Chinese Yen)

Read more: http://caddyinfo.com...egins-in-china/

Today RMB 346,900-569,900 equals around $56K-91K.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce, is it a 2.0T or a 2.8T; just trying to interpret the printing/price scheme, though the prices are significantly lower with the XTS 28T models (shown).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Your right Bruce (about the 2 liter); just thought strange, their nomenclature. It's bad enough that Cadillac has abandoned naming their cars; now the numbers/letters don't even make sense. :)

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

China is a big market for Cadillac and Buick. It only makes sense to have Chinese-configured cars assembled there. And, if we start making Chevrolet and GMC there, GM is in a better position to compete against the Japanese automakers in the Far Eastern markets.

We aren't likely to see new Chinese-assembled GM cars for sale in U.S. dealerships. It just doesn't make economic sense.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived