CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Transmission cable 93 fleetwood brougham

voodoostranger

Was the cable adjustment disturbed at some point? The cable does not require adjustment unless it has been replaced. There is a procedure in the shop manual where the release tabs on the cable are opened and a specific size drill bit is inserted into the opening (asr bcover removed) and then the cable is latched. I don't have the manual handy at the moment for the exact procedure.

It is not something that is typically adjusted unless component replacement was performed.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

the guy at aamco said my tranny tv cable needed adjusting to make it stop shifting late. no code are comeing up and he said it wasnt the clutch.. he just has never had to adjust one like this before..

There is adjustment instructions if you google 700r4 tv cable adjustment. I'm not sure the 4l60 is the same as the 700r4 and 2004r cables. Pretty easy to do yourself if it is

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

The THM700R4 was renamed the 4L60 for the 1990 model year. See the Wikipedia write-up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo-Hydramatic#THM700R4_.2F_4L60_.2F_4L60E_.2F_4L65E

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

What's the background on this late shifting issue? Is the transmission 100% original? Are the WOT shift points correct? How long does it take to reach 60 MPH? Keep in mind that a restricted exhaust system (or similar problems that would impair engine response) can lead to delayed and firmer shifting because T.V. pressure (in response to increased throttle opening to achieve a desired power level) is too high for the engine's torque output.

My 2004r caddy was like that when it was out of adjustment. They say don't run it unadjusted too long

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

i got min back today after 4 days still dont fixed.. so i came home in it.. lucky for me my service shop manuel was waiting for me... 20 mintues later and 2 beers... my fleet wood floats like a cadillac and stings like a bemer.

• 6 years later...

Archived