CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Storage locker bid uncovers 1959 Cadillac in pieces

Austin Self Storage Auction Winner Discovers 59 Cadillac Coupe In 500+ Separate Parts, says MyAustinStorage.com

Lucky storage lien auction winner Pat Jones didn't know what he had actually won until checking VIN numbers on parts that what was under the tarp was a rare classic car.

Pat Jones, discovering two perfectly restored white bumpers with classic 50's style fins. "When I saw that fin, I knew it was a classic car part, but one part doesn't make a whole car. As I started getting a grasp on the volume of parts... I realized we had an entire car here, just in more than 500 separate parts," Jones said.

Read More: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/2/prweb10406573.htm

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It took me a few minutes to realize prweb is an online advertising entity. U click on a story link about storage locker finds and u go to a website that than includes advertising for storage facilities. U get access to the news item along with advertising that sort of fits into the story theme. I guess that is the nature of online/Internet content now. Nothing is free.

Nod; I cringe at a press release as a story. I enjoy Storage Wars (the reality show) and Cadillac though, and couldn't resist sharing.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

A self-storage auction buyer recently purchased the contents of a unit at Pond Springs Storage in Austin, Texas, for $51 and discovered 500 separate pieces to a 1959 Cadillac under a greasy tarp. In restored condition, the two-door coupe could be valued at more than $50,000, according to MyAustinStorage.com, which owns the facility.

He got it for 50 bucks!!!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

$50 for entire car is great. But how about the big parts? Frame, main body shell? How the bleep do u hide that under a tarp?

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a tale (urban legend?) about an auto worker that was fired for smuggling parts for a 1954 Buick to build his own car in his garage. They caught him with the windshield. They found a running, mostly-complete car in his garage. I'm not sure that I believe that, and I wasn't sure then, either, but I did hear it more than once. Maybe this guy was one of those.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Uh, huh! I was wondering how they got the motor out. 1954 was the last year for the straight eight. I've seen country mailboxes mounted on the crankshafts of those engines so that the kids couldn't knock them down.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Friend of mine from long ago cleaned out an old (widow) lady's shed/garage which was stacked shut with junk around 1987. This was East of San Diego. She said they could have whatever was inside as long as they cleared it all out.

From the outside layer it all looked like junk.

Deep inside was a vintage 1950's Jaguar XK120 roadster (the expensive and sought after one) and a Ford Falcon from the 60's. Yup, they cleaned it all and rented a U-Haul tow bar and trailer to take home the cars.

He gave the Falcon to his helper and quickly sold the Jag.

Stuff like that happens.

Archived