CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Quick question on the new ELR

JohnnyG

I received an email from Caddy yesterday saying that the new ELR will debut around January 15th at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

My question is which platform will this car be built on? For a GM product, it would make sense that it would incorporate the same chassis and suspension that is used on the Volt or Chevy Cruze. From an engineering/production standpoint, that would make the most sense.

I was acually hoping for a little more back seat legroom than the Volt provides and possibly more trunk/luggage space, so maybe this chassis can be stretced a little.

Bonus question: Just how much can the handling on this chassis be improved using current technology. In other words, would adding MR shocks be an option?

This car will likely be the replacement for my 2008 DTS (now with 28,000 miles on the clock!) as soon as my Volt lease ends.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Good questions; will have to wait and see. i believe that the powertrain is to be like the Volts' but a next gen offering. If the production model reflects the pre-production model, it is sure to be a 'stunner'. One of my questions (probably answered at the debut) is, wondering how much of a premium it will demand (over the Volt's arguably lofty price tag), and what premium features (again, separate and above from the Volt), will the Caddy include/offer. Time will tell.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived