CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New owner. Service Stability System, change brake pads, ABS Light, and Traction Control Light On!

Cameron Schiesl

Hello everyone. I'm new to the cadillac scene so I've come here for help. I have a 2001 Seville SLS. Every time I start my car, the chimes come on and tell me to change my brake pads (which I've already done) and service stability system. The ABS and Traction Control lights are also always lit up. I pulled codes c1234 and c1246. How do I get rid of this. Is it an easy procedure?

....I pulled codes c1234 and c1246. How do I get rid of this. Is it an easy procedure?

C1234 - Left Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted

Could be a corroded/oxidized connector or damaged wire harness at the LR hub. Or a failed hub.

C1246 - Brake Lining Wear Circuit Open

This is why you are seeing the brake pad message.

You replaced the pads but you did not replace/repair the pad wear sensor(s).

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

:welcomesmiley:

Did you have the "Service Stability System" message and the ABS and TC lights before the brake job? If this started after the brake job, the connector to the left rear wheel speed sensor is at the center of the hub on the inside. It may be just unplugged after being knocked loose by the brake job.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived