CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi all, I need some clarification. I recently purchased a 2010 STS with the V6 3.6L DI. As I was looking thru the owners manual- "checking engine oil level" topic I noticed 2 different dipsticks . One for the V8 and another for the V6. It appears that I have a V8 dipstick installed in my V6. The V8 stick shows as the cable type with a 2" lead tip with the marking. Which is what is in my engine. The V6 stick shows as a flat metal thru the whole lenght which I would consider as an ordinary dipstick that most cars have. Can anyone tell me if the manual is wrong or the Caddy dealer I bought the car from put the wrong stick in. Being that they did the last service to the car i think that is something they should have noticed.

Thanks

Mario

My '06 had the flat blade type dipstick, my '11 has the cable with pendulum style (both vehicles were/are V-6).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Hi all, I need some clarification. I recently purchased a 2010 STS with the V6 3.6L DI. As I was looking thru the owners manual- "checking engine oil level" topic I noticed 2 different dipsticks . One for the V8 and another for the V6. It appears that I have a V8 dipstick installed in my V6. The V8 stick shows as the cable type with a 2" lead tip with the marking. Which is what is in my engine. The V6 stick shows as a flat metal thru the whole lenght which I would consider as an ordinary dipstick that most cars have. Can anyone tell me if the manual is wrong or the Caddy dealer I bought the car from put the wrong stick in. Being that they did the last service to the car i think that is something they should have noticed.

Thanks

Mario

Mario,

Congrats on your recent purchase and I hope you're enjoying the STS! Regarding the dipstick issue, please address the Cadillac Service Department from where you bought the car. They would be the best resource for resolving any questions or concerns. Please keep us posted and I am documetning your concern. Thank you and feel free to PM us as well with any issues. I hope your weekdend goes well.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

Archived