CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi All,

I just bought a 95 Fleetwood Brougham.

When I was looking at, and test driving the car everything worked. When I bought it and drove it home though, the Climate Control was not working.

The display is blank and I cannot put it in diagnostic mode. It acts as if it has no power.

All fuses are good.

I have not dug into the dashboard yet. I thought I would post the question in case somebody can point me in a direction.

Any help will be appreciated.

Failures of the climate control are very rare. Getting it out is difficult - the woodgrain piece just below the dash needs to come out and if you're not careful, you will lose the metal retaining clips.

The climate control panels on the 1980s cars were available as a remanufactured unit from the dealer. The units were repaired, and a new faceplate and buttons were installed. It is possible a remanufactured unit is available for your car.

I can look up the removal steps in my service manual later this evening and post them if you do not have a shop manual.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I swapped over to the buick roadmaster controls so I have my old controls if you need it $25 shipped worked perfectly had 115k miles on it.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived