CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need help with a simple problem after programming my FOB.

CaddyPoptart

Hello everyone, this is my first post here at the forum.

I followed the very helpful key programming advice found on here: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11531.

Currently the only way to start my car is to place the FOB into the holder in the center console.

Previously, I was able to just have it anywhere in the car in order to start the vehicle, but now it will only start if it's in that holder.

I understand that little questions like these can be annoying, but some help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time :)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include the car's year / model.

It's a Cadillac STS 2005

Definitely check/change the battery in the fob first. If it only happens, say, in and around your house or in and around where you park it often (work), it might also be some radio interference; I had one occurrence (the only time it happened) in a parking garage.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Hello everyone, this is my first post here at the forum.

I followed the very helpful key programming advice found on here: http://caddyinfo.ipb...howtopic=11531.

Currently the only way to start my car is to place the FOB into the holder in the center console.

Previously, I was able to just have it anywhere in the car in order to start the vehicle, but now it will only start if it's in that holder.

I understand that little questions like these can be annoying, but some help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time :)

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include the car's year / model.

It's a Cadillac STS 2005

There is a guide to programming the key remote beginning on page 2-6 of the owner's manual. If you are still having issues or have recently replaced the FOB, I would suggest having a dealer look at it to configure to the vehicle. The key is coded uniquely to your car. Please keep us posted on the status.

Matt

Cadillac Customer Service

It seems you guys were correct, the battery was low.

You all have been very helpful and I appreciate that very much.

Thanks for mentioning the info in the car manual, I'll check that out to see if it has information on how to replace the battery.

Before I go and mark this as solved, would you happen to know where one could find the battery that the FOB uses?

I've been told that it can be found at Radioshack, but I can't find any information on the battery itself.

It seems you guys were correct, the battery was low.

You all have been very helpful and I appreciate that very much.

Thanks for mentioning the info in the car manual, I'll check that out to see if it has information on how to replace the battery.

Before I go and mark this as solved, would you happen to know where one could find the battery that the FOB uses?

I've been told that it can be found at Radioshack, but I can't find any information on the battery itself.

walgreens or walmart...I got two at walgreens

Archived