CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cleaning Vogue yellow strip

I just got an '06 DTS, My 1st car with Vogues. On my other Deville (1998) I used very fine steel wool ( http://www.steelwool.biz/Steel_Wool.htm ) Never had a problem, A little elbow grease, Armor-all wheel cleaner and the white walls look better than new, but....... The yellow strip on the vogues are another story, it's too narrow to fit the steel wool into it to scrub it. Suggestions?

A good mild to stiff brush should work. I use the Westley's Bleche White and a mild bristle brush and it works fine. I have a nice thin bristle brush that fits right into the gold stripe. I am looking to clean them with something else though. The Westley's Bleche White takes a lot of the color off though. Vogue Tyre recommends just soap and water with a mild brush. That just doesn't get them clean.

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

I always used the edge of a NEW brillo pad.

The edge fits right in the groove and you don't have to rub hard at all.

In fact DO NOT rub real hard...If you do, you will take some of the gold color off.

Posted Image

I've had some luck with a variety of stains, spots, etc. with the "Magic Eraser"; yes the ones that are for the kitchen. If they work, I would think them a lot more gentle than steel wool products.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Did you know that they just recently screwed up Westley's Bleach White and it is PROBABLY no longer available? Now it's Black Magic Bleach White and it sucks!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

They bought em out, but why does it suck now? The label looks identicle even why would they mess with the formula? I seen gallon jugs of it at the parts store the other day but I guess I better try some smaller amounts 1st

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Try it out and you be the judge. I was fooled by the label too, which I'm certain they were counting on. It just simply is a different formula and does not clean tires anywhere close to the old stuff did. I'm thinking of it now as sort of a "simple green" or "purple power" type cleaner. I can think of several reasons why they would change the formula, profit being tops on my short list.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Stock up on the old stuff then. I get big bottles of it at dollar general for $3, that's a place u know will have some left compared to a auto parts store

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

I've had good luck with Mothers spray on foam tire and wheel cleaner, it comes in a red spray bottle. That and a sponge got my white walls really white, but I have Michelin or something and not Vogue. Magic Eraser also works well. These are my first white wall tires and I havent tried any other products on them yet.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Archived