CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 eldo base;

I'm installing Monroe struts up front, thus disabling the rear air ride( or so I'm told.)

I bought the ak29 air line kit for manual inflation.

I would rather install a dash mounted toggle and possible guage to run the stock pump.

Is that possible? And who has wiring schematics for the pump?

The air leveling system if for the rear shocks, not the front struts. If you're just replacing only the front struts, your factory leveling system will be intact. You will need to use a resistor to defeat the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message that will appear on the information center. Save the harness from the old struts and experiment with different resistor values. I used a 4700 (4.7K) ohm 1/2 watt resistor on each harness on my STS but that car has a slightly different ride control system than your car. You could start with a 4.7K and see how it works. Be sure to solder and weatherproppf the connections.

If you need to replace the rear shocks, use Monroe 40046 shocks. The factory air lines will plug right into them without modification.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I was under the impression from reading posts here, and the info given on Monroe's products, that without electronic struts up front the rear would disable itself.

I will unplug them tonight and load the trunk with dead bodies....or something to see if it still operates.

Not true.

I was under the impression from reading posts here, and the info given on Monroe's products, that without electronic struts up front the rear would disable itself.

I will unplug them tonight and load the trunk with dead bodies....or something to see if it still operates.

Your first post states you're replacing the front struts. The front struts have NOTHING to do with the rear air leveling system. Your rear leveling system will work fine as long as the air lines, shock bladders, etc. do not have holes in them.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If you use the Monroe struts for your car and options, they will come with the electronic suspension control. You just plug it in and you're good to go.

If you use struts that don't have the connector, then you will need to add the resistor to the car's wiring harness connector to avoid a DTC. If the car thinks that the front electronic shocks are bad, it will disable ABS, TCS and Stabilitrak (electronic stability control) but not automatic leveling. With the resistor, ABS/TCS/Stabilitrak will work but not as designed because they can't control the front shocks like they "think" they can.

The sensors for automatic leveling are the two ride height sensors on the suspension for the rear wheels, and possibly the two on the suspension for the front wheels. I can look it up, but so long as you don't disturb those sensors and the pump assembly and rear shocks are OK, then the load leveling should not be affected.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived