CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

i need help please i have a 2000 dhs which first the back ac started blowing hot air then the driver side was blowing hot... so the passenger is the only cool air coming out but also it is burning the fuse to the compresser and as i am a female i dont know much about cars all i know is i need help .... thanks

Your clever Cadillac has a built in function to tell you its troubles

http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Generally check a list of codes like this one http://www.caddyinfo.com/dtc_1999.htm. Then consult the shop manual for how to diagnose each one.

Most of the B0xx codes you have, where the xx means 17 or 26 or 51 are all related to an airbag deployment.

For a/c the codes of interest would be codes like B131x to B134x which I don't see in your list oddly enough

Bruce

The problem you describe is, as Bruce mentioned earlier, classic 'low refrigerant'; warm air from drivers side, cool(er) air from passenger side. If you wait long enough (without fixing/recharging) your passenger side will also begin to get warmer. The quickest, non diagnostic, thing to try is, to just try adding a can of refrigerant (but it does sound as you have a leak). For less than 20 bucks you can probably get your a/c back online; how long it lasts, will depend if your leak is very slow or more aggressive.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

DTC B0184 or B0189 Sunload Sensor Circuit

B0429 is the auxiliary temperature (rear) actuator discussion: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15908

b2646 Ambient Light Sensor Circuit Range

DTC B0017 RF/Passenger Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1) Open

DTC B0026 LF/Driver Frontal Deployment Loop (Single Stage or Stage 1) Open

DTC B0051 Deployment Commanded

DTC B0058 RF/Passenger Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open

DTC B0065 LF/Driver Pretensioner Deployment Loop Open

Bruce

just out of curiosity have the airbags been deployed on the car?

Also agree on telltale low refrigerant. the evaperator is closest to the passenger side so it is the coldest.

Am curious on the fuse problem. Wonder if the low refrigerant could be blowing the fuse

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

It is normal for a 12 year old car to need a boost of refrigerant. Use plain R-134a - no additives or extra cooling agents are needed. The fact the driver's side is hot and the passenger side is cool without setting a low refrigerant code is a textbook case of low refrigerant on the multi-zone climate control systems.

The issue with the rear is most likely the actuator as it is setting code B0429.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived