CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

RedRocket with new shoes

REDROCKET

Hi CaddyHeads, I thought you would like to check out the RedRocket with new Pilot Super Sports (265/30ZR-19 front, 305/30ZR-19's rear). The rubber looks good and I have had no clearance issues or code problems. I also put a tune on the 'Rocket by Dr. Phil which has really transformed this ride into a true Rocket. I have the same smooth idle and around-town driving manners but work that right foot just a little and she burns rubber in 2'd and 3'rd :yupi3ti:! The shots on grass were at the Cadillac Corral at the Gran Prix. Cadillac did a great job at this event and I am looking forward to next year. Thanks to Texas Jim for advice on adding photos to my post! Owe you a brewski. 2012DETROITGP020.jpg?t=13405763662012DETROITGP022.jpg2012DETROITGP008.jpg?t=1340590419

The CTS-V Coupe is rolling art. The new rubber looks like it belongs there. Should give you a bit more stick in the corners.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

How about a Texas sized road trip for the 2013 Detroit G.P.? Kath and I would love to meet both of the "Texas Brotherhood"(Caddyhood?), and to top off your trip we have a pool, a boat and beer!

How about a Texas sized road trip for the 2013 Detroit G.P.?

Kath and I would love to meet both of the "Texas Brotherhood"(Caddyhood?), and to top off your trip we have a pool, a boat and beer!

I will give that some serious thought... :)

Posted Image

Awesome,

The picture of the rear wheel on concrete looks surrealistic, what camera?, any processing?, awesome shot

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

How about a Texas sized road trip for the 2013 Detroit G.P.? Kath and I would love to meet both of the "Texas Brotherhood"(Caddyhood?), and to top off your trip we have a pool, a boat and beer!

This could make a fun road trip; good idea, and plenty of time to plan.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Awesome,

The picture of the rear wheel on concrete looks surrealistic, what camera?, any processing?, awesome shot

Hi B.B.F., I used a little CoolPix pocket camera set on auto, I just got as close as I could (just after a half hour cleaning, of course) to fill the frame. Try that technique for a nice straight-on front shot of your ride and zoom in to fill the frame - makes great 8x10's. Hey, Texas Jim and Bruce are considering a road trip to "Da Motor City" for the 2013 Gran Prix, could be beer involved at some point. Sound interesting? Lots to do here besides the race (Woodward Ave. cruising, the Great Lakes, etc.). Just a thought... b

The Red Rocket is looking good. Looks like there was a good turnout of V's at the GP.

Thanx, and yes, the turnout was great. One reason I went was to meet other Caddy owners in my area and we did just that. One individual, George, AKA Torxila, drove his v-Coupe to the event. He is very knowledgeable on the V series and his ride has been mod'ed to the neighborhood of 700 hp with the manual trans. If anyone is interested in CaddyTalk with George, he would welcome your email at torxila@gmail.com . It was through George that I found "Dr. Phil" that put the tune on RedRocket, the best Father's Day present I have ever received from my lovely wife!She just loves burning rubber in the first three gears (auto trans)! You should think about attending next year's Gran Prix with Bruce, Texas Jim and anyone else that can make it. I will host and that means a great time (and beer!). Something to think about.... See ya, Dave. sr

• 1 month later...

Dave, are you going to be taking the REDROCKET to the Dream Cruise this weekend? I would be curious to know how many V's are at the cruise. I just returned from Michigan yesterday. I wish I were there this weekend with my car. I would have to ship or trailer it up...too many mile to drive from SW Florida. Maybe Bruce will go with his car.

Hey Bob, we drove down Woodward yesterday (Tue) and turnout was very good. Today Kath and I were at a great spot on Woodward just accross from Dugan's Pub, N. of 13 mile, from 3pm till about 9:30. As usual, there was just about EVERYTHING cruising, even a guy in a complete Batman costume riding a black bicycle with neon accents in the right hand lane with the cruisers - pretty off the hook... Don't know if we will be there for the main Sat. event, gets a little crazy, but we might go on Fri (tomorrow rain, Fri. rain maybe) weather permitting. Not a ton of burnouts where we were due to Big Brother watching, but there were enough holeshots to keep it interesting. Too bad you won't make the event this year, there is always next year... Think about next year's Gran Prix, that was really a great time. My friend George(Torxila in post above) said several V's from out-of-town will be arriving Fri. and we saw another half dozen local Vs today, even an XLR-V. RedRocket did her part at one point by leaving three gears of rubber on s.b. Woodward earlier in the day and I still have my licence! Lots of fun! Next time you are going to be in town give a heads up, dinner anyone?? :hatsoff:

Yeah, but, the important thing is that you know you were invited!

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the post. What color interior did you go with? I went with ebony/ebony. Where does your V roam, anywhere near the Motor City??

Archived