CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

power steering pressure switch location

My ecs fuse is no longer blowing when I disconnected it.I also noticed the wiring under the car near the powersteering harness has been chewed.thers a small white clip thingy with the letter y and another letter wiring coming from that has been chewed or something.what is that.read my other post regarding this to better understand

I think you are asking what a wiring harness that you see next to the power steering harness might be. You are concerned because the harness in question appears to be damaged (having been chewed).

Can you trace the wire that appears to be damaged back to anything it connects to? Could you post a picture of the item showing location?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I merged this question back into this thread for continuity & clarity.

I do not believe that having the power steering unplugged will prevent the car from starting.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

shouldnt be any issue. Are you thinking the switch itself is bad or a wiring problem?

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Im trying to find out if its the switch or harness.all I kno is I no longer have a blown ecs fuse.I did see a little tear in a wire but that wire some kind of very small white square box in the line with it.has a y on it.I will trace it and make sure its not part of power steering.I will start the car and post bck.I don't see y it wouldn't start

should start fine. May throw a code but should be driveable.

Check to see if it is chaffed anywhere, especially near the inner tierods.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived