CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac XTS -- the test of the pudding is in the tasting

Bruce Nunnally

MSN Autos:

Get ready for some confusing comparison shopping.

I attended the press launch of the Cadillac XTS this week in Los Angeles, and while I can’t talk about how it drives or what the touch-capacitive dash was really like until Friday, I can tell you that Cadillac's price and sizing strategy still leaves my head cocked to one side.

To wit, the 2013 Cadillac XTS is not a flagship, even though it’s the largest and most luxurious model the automaker sells. It’s based on a front-wheel-drive platform with a V6, not a rear-wheel-drive V8 setup preferred by all the Germans, Japanese, and now, the Koreans. Its full-size body is longer than a BMW 7-Series and has more trunk space than a Mercedes S-Class, but the Cadillac marketing team instead compares the car’s impressive features with the 5-Series and the E-Class. Its price ($45,000 to $60,000) is a bargain in the midsize luxury segment, but is hardly high enough to be considered by buyers looking at established, well-known full-size sedans.

Read More: http://editorial.aut...a5-cba985d28353

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

And just to update, prices are now available at cadillac.com (under: Build your own).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived