CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Front shocks

Iam replacing my front shocks with Arnott shocks. According to the Arnott people my 98 Deville Delegance does not have eloctronic front shocks and their passive will work just fine.. Is this true ? They dont come with any plug in or resistor.. I cant tell by looking if my front shocks are electronic or not. Something about the 5th character in the vin (KE) denotes non electronic front shocks.. Any input on this will be appreciated..If their wrong then how do I get rid of what sure will be a error message in the suspension message..And if thats the case how can I get rid of the error message ? (not installed yet)

Pull the tire and look at the strut - if there is a wire from dear the bottom to a plug, then it has the RSS system. The CVRSS system was on the Concours/DTS/STS.

If the existing struts are electronic, you can remove the electrical portion of the old strut and zip tie it up and leave it plugged into the harness.

Arnott's resistors have a poor electrical connector in my opinion. I installed a set of their rear shocks on a 1996 Seville I used to own and the contacts on the resistor plug rotted away after 2 years. I started to receive the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message and when I checked into it, the contacts on the connector plug crumbled when I disconnected them.

Arnott replaced them under their lifetime warranty but I still needed to crawl under the car and replace them.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Pull the tire and look at the strut - if there is a wire from dear the bottom to a plug, then it has the RSS system. The CVRSS system was on the Concours/DTS/STS.

If the existing struts are electronic, you can remove the electrical portion of the old strut and zip tie it up and leave it plugged into the harness.

Arnott's resistors have a poor electrical connector in my opinion. I installed a set of their rear shocks on a 1996 Seville I used to own and the contacts on the resistor plug rotted away after 2 years. I started to receive the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message and when I checked into it, the contacts on the connector plug crumbled when I disconnected them.

Arnott replaced them under their lifetime warranty but I still needed to crawl under the car and replace them.

OK Kevin, I'll look for that connection and take it off and plug it into the harness if need be.. Thanks to all for your replys

Don

Archived