CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

White Plastic Pop Off Cover

MrEldo97

Hi,

On the 2003 vintage Seville can anyone tell me what the plastic tank under the left front corner of the car that has the "snap on/off" white plastic cover is? It appears to be a drain or storage surge tank of some type. The cover has a hose goining into it and is held in place by 4 sets of plastic clips. The heater hose and pipe come around the back of the motor

into a 3 branch plastic coupler with three hoses. It's a fairly elaborate system with one hose connected to a housing just bheind the water pump...

Thanks,

Hi,

On the 2003 vintage Seville can anyone tell me what the plastic tank under the left front corner of the car that has the "snap on/off" white plastic cover is? It appears to be a drain or storage surge tank of some type. The cover has a hose goining into it and is held in place by 4 sets of plastic clips. The heater hose and pipe come around the back of the motor

into a 3 branch plastic coupler with three hoses. It's a fairly elaborate system with one hose connected to a housing just bheind the water pump...

Thanks,

To me....it sounds like the secondary air pump and related plumbing.

Thanks, that makes sense... I've attached a picture of a "fitting" in the same are that's leaking; what is it? I'm going to attach a better picture. The part number is 24508958. It sprung a leak in my driveway last night. The car is Junior's.

post-8434-13341618439346_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jim. DUCT must be an acronym for this. Junior paid mom and dad a visit last night and this "DUCT" popped a leak in the driveway. So...we're out in the driveway with a drop light, in the dark, in front of the car trying to find this leak. I got most of the in the way parts removed, a couple of hoses disconnected. Junior found this hole this morning while installing new hoses and looking for his leak. Now we have a better idea of what we are doing and so on. His mom's car is in the garage waiting for some new coil packs that are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and his car is in my driveway...

Update...It's looking more and more like Junior has a popped radiator...Film at 11:00.

Junior's problem is a blown radiator header tank. He replace the 24508958 filter that was leaking and some worn hoses and when he fired up his car the right side header tank split a good two to three inches. When he pulled the radiator out that header tank was full of stress cracks...common failure point on radiators with plastic header tanks.

Junior's problem is a blown radiator header tank. He replace the 24508958 filter that was leaking and some worn hoses and when he fired up his car the right side header tank split a good two to three inches. When he pulled the radiator out that header tank was full of stress cracks...common failure point on radiators with plastic header tanks.

Any radiator shop can replace just the inlet tank for way less than the cost of a new radiator. I had that done to my '96 Seville a couple of years ago for $70.00. I had to R&R the radiator.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived