CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I recently purchasaed this beautiful car. My last one was an 02 ETC, with major head gasket issues, but for the price on this, and how good looking it is, I couldnt resist. The reason I got it so cheap is because of the load knock. The previous owner, son. inherited the car from his parents as he is going to school. The oil hadnt been changed in 40,000 miles or so. I did the code thing to see if I could tell more about this knock, hoping that its a matter of doing the top flush thing through the dealer, cleaning out the engine. I have located a used "9" engine, but before I go to the expense, want to check all my options first. Can anyone tell me what these DTC codes mean and how important they are?

• DTC U1255 Class 2 Initialization Error

RIM (HISTORY) - Rear Integration Module

DDM - Driver Door Module

IRC (CURRENT)- Integrated Radio Module

SDM (CURRENT) - Sensing and Diagnostic Module

• DTC U1040 Loss of Class 2 Communications with ABS

SDM - Sensing and Diagnotic Module

• DTC P1602 Loss of EBTCM Serial Data

PCM (HISTORY) Powertrain Control Module

• DTC P0603 Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

PCM (HISTORY) Powertrain Control Module

• DTC C1785 ICCS2 DL Right Output Short CKT to GND

RSS (HISTORY) Road Sensing Suspension

• DTC C1783 ICCS2 DL Left Output Short CKT to GND

RSS (HISTORY) Road Sensing Suspension

• DTC B1983 Device Power 1 Circuit Low

DDM Door Driver Module

• DTC B1327 Battery/Source Voltage Low

• DTC B1327 Device Power #1 (Low Current #1) Circuit Low

RIM (HISTORY) Rear Integration Module.

The P1602 and P0603 a bit of a concern, but dont know what they mean. Can anyone help? Thanks!!!

A "loud knock" is mechanical and would not set a DTC. Only monitored electrical devices will. No "flush" is going to help that.

40,000 miles with no oil change leaves numerous possibilities, none of which are good. Lord only knows what else was neglected.

Low battery voltage (B1327) can cause all sorts of false codes. I'd fix that first (after the engine).

A "loud knock" is mechanical and would not set a DTC. Only monitored electrical devices will. No "flush" is going to help that.

40,000 miles with no oil change leaves numerous possibilities, none of which are good. Lord only knows what else was neglected.

Low battery voltage (B1327) can cause all sorts of false codes. I'd fix that first (after the engine).

Thanks Ranger, kinda what I thought and somewhat glad I purchased the "9" engine, just goes to show what no oil changes will do to an automobile. Whats strange is this car looks like it just came off the showroom. Wish it ran the same way. lol. Thanks again!

40,000 miles since the last oil change????? :blink:

I'd be concerned that it was run extremely low on oil and the bearings, cams, etc. are trashed...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived