CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

alternator { battery no charge }

how you'll doin ??? ok guys iam back again with another hot issue.. today my 94 eldorado started showing " battery no charge"" on dashboard.. but it cranked and i drove when i parked and tried carnking agian it wont crank up.. so i jumped start.. it stared fine... after driving for few minutes on the road computer showed battery no charge and traction cancelled ..and it cut off.. wont crank back again so i took it to nearest garage mechanic told me bad alternator and battery down ... so he put brand new alternator and brand new battery and brand new alternator wire.. even after that computer still says battery no charge ...and cuts off right after i put in gear...is there anything mechanic possibly missing ??? or is there anything he can do to solve the problem... as alwayss i realy appreciate your guys effort ... thank you ...hoping for some input ....

pull your codes.

this sounds like a problem with the plug at the alternator. It sends a signal that it is outputting,

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

pull your codes.

this sounds like a problem with the plug at the alternator. It sends a signal that it is outputting,

i will just in few minutes !!! thanks for the fast reply .....

battrey was disconnected ..so i put it back on and only code shows is S050... just wondering if i need to drive for codes to come on ????

pull your codes.

i will just in few minutes !!! thanks for the fast reply .....

battrey was disconnected ..so i put it back on and only code shows is S050... just wondering if i need to drive for codes to come on ????

ran the codes again.. it shows s061 current and s072 current...

S061 Right Front Position Sensor Fault

S072 Left Rear Accelerometer Fault

These are probably wiring harness or connector issues that don't have anything to do with the alternator. They will cause the ABS light to come on and give you a message "STABILITY REDUCED." You are going to have to drive the car to cause the fault, and let the modules detect it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

S061 Right Front Position Sensor Fault

S072 Left Rear Accelerometer Fault

These are probably wiring harness or connector issues that don't have anything to do with the alternator. They will cause the ABS light to come on and give you a message "STABILITY REDUCED." You are going to have to drive the car to cause the fault, and let the modules detect it.

ok i got it >>>.. we did find the problem when the mechanic put on alternator and new plug.. he dint connected the wire right... i asked my friend who own a cadillac he said something to do with grounding and asked me to check the new alternator plug wires.. thats when i find out he dint connected them right.. but all is good now i returned the new battery and left the new alternator on the car. so far its running good... also if may ask a question what type of motor oil should be using cause it abt. time to change oil ?? do i need to consider weather for that ??? i live in the south.. thank you again.. i feel much better today that my car is running good..

Use the owner's manual for oil recommendations. If your owner's manual is missing, use 10W-30 that comes in cans with the starburst symbol on top, i.e.SAE recommended for motor vehicles.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

anytime. That 1 pin can caus intermittent issues and throw a random no charge at times also. Glad you got it figured out

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Yeah, I had a one-pin connector issue that caused a year of hair-pulling not to long ago.

When you change your oil, be sure and reset your oil life monitor to zero. You do this by pushing the INFO button until the oil life remaining is displayed, then press and hold INFO RESET until it goes back to 100%. You will get CHANGE ENGINE OIL messages when it hits 10%, although I change mine between 50% and 40%. Some people use mileage instead, or oil life monitor readings lower than I do; I'm a maintenance fanatic.

To answer another question, the GM oil life monitor is a patented system that uses, among other things, engine temperature and engine revolutions. Thus it takes into account idling time and torque converter slip in slow stop-and-go traffic, low and high engine temperature, etc. It is designed to provide good advice on oil changes based on depletion of ZDDP as well as moisture and sludge absorption of the oil.

Lower ZDDP levels in newer oils have led some people to advise changing oil before the oil life monitor hits 10%. I change mine sooner because I'm a fanatic about good maintenance, and regular oil changes are the foundation of good maintenance.

Yeah, I had a one-pin connector issue that caused a year of hair-pulling not to long ago.

When you change your oil, be sure and reset your oil life monitor to zero. You do this by pushing the INFO button until the oil life remaining is displayed, then press and hold INFO RESET until it goes back to 100%. You will get CHANGE ENGINE OIL messages when it hits 10%, although I change mine between 50% and 40%. Some people use mileage instead, or oil life monitor readings lower than I do; I'm a maintenance fanatic.

ok.. i will do just the way u said !!!i like to maintain my cars. for that matter whatever i own... thnak you once again for the help ...may god bless you ...

Archived